 Gaming / 548
Re: A question about BrikWars robots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 18:32:22 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Jason Rowoldt writes:
Whenever I use the RV supp to make a robot, it seems to go about 30+" / turn.
I have to tone this down by about 1/2 to make it reasonable (ground stuff
should not go as fast as flyers).

For jumping, your idea seems reasonable.
  The mech I'm fielding tonight has a 32" movement (using torso power) and a
20" jump (using combined legs).  The jump seems high, but 5" (using torso
power), seems way too low.  Using leg power for movement would be ridiculous.
Would be 128".

  The flyer I'm fielding is slower.  22" (one-piece hover flyer)

  TL6 mechs have a lot of power.  I'm not sure if this is unfair or not.  This
rather small mech is fast, but fairly expensive.  With a single MkII laser, he
works out to about 95CP.

  With larger mechs, things work out slower.  A large mech (200+ area) with
heavy armor (6 or 7 d10), ends up pretty slow.  In fact, one of my mechs can't
stand up if I don't lower the armor fairly far.  And, that's with the
high-power of TL6.  Although, I may cost him so that some of his legs (2 of
them) are torso.  They are enormous.

       Thanks,
        Gino A...