 Gaming / 518
Re: BrikWars 1942!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 03:55:12 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

You probably ought to call it "BrikWars 1944," or at least find a good reason
why/how a US military squad would be in occupied France two years before
D-Day.

Ack!  I knew something like that would come up.  I have to admit I'm no big
freak for actual historical WWII dates and such, so I knew this would come up.

Uh, yeah, it's a commando raid.  That's it!  :D

But the #1 cool thing has to be that hatchet attack.  That's about the
funniest
thing I've seen since Tom McDonald's Legopalooza.  :)

Heh.  That was probably my favorite occurance in the game.  That guy with the
pistol had been shooting at the gunner for a couple of turns, and I was getting
worried he might actually hit/kill him.  The pintel-mounted machine gun
couldn't be turned fast enough, we decided- and then I noticed the axe Shaun
had placed on the Willys MB (that's a Jeep, to anyone but Shaun) for a bit of
detail.  I snagged it, barely made it to the pistol wielding Jerry, and the
rest is photo-documented history!

One thing I wish we had done is gotten more of Shaun's accomplishments in
there.  The battle looks a lot more one-sided than it really was, based on the
webpage.  Ah, well.

I also really do like
the
way you do flame--2x2 dishes with a flame on top.  Very useful tip to have!

I know that for my part, I knicked that from somewhere- I just don't remember
exactly where.  I think it may well have been a tutorial on making fire
counters for Evil Stevie's Pirate Game, but I'm not 100% sure.

eric