 Gaming / 517
Re: BrikWars 1942!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 01:09:44 GMT

Lorbaat wrote:

Achtung!

Shaun Sullivan and I got together last night and played a bit of BrikWars.
Inspired by Shaun's awesome WWII models, we decided to go with a scenario set
in 1942.  We took a few pictures, and I prepared a little website for
everyone's enjoyment:

It looks stunning!  I still love that armoured car, and the proxy bits used for
the soldiers are excellent choices.  One would almost think TLG had taken up
making soldiers!

<historian-nitpick>
You probably ought to call it "BrikWars 1944," or at least find a good reason
why/how a US military squad would be in occupied France two years before D-Day.
"Turned right instead of left at Kenosha, oh darn" or perhaps recasting it as a
commando operation, the sort of which did occur between '40 and '44?  That last
would definitely make it a case of no support possible for the Allies, as well as
a great segue into why this skirmish happens here.  Of course, this is all
desiderata, I'm just trying to feel valuable somehow.  ;)
</historian-nitpick>

But the #1 cool thing has to be that hatchet attack.  That's about the funniest
thing I've seen since Tom McDonald's Legopalooza.  :)  I also really do like the
way you do flame--2x2 dishes with a flame on top.  Very useful tip to have!

best

Lindsay