 Gaming / 1852
Re: BrickQuest first questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 03:04:42 GMT

   OK, so for a line of movement to be in a straight line, it must be in one of the four cardinal directions or along one of the four primary diagonals? So in the diagram, if there were a creature adjacent to position 1, there’s no way the fighter could charge it from where he is, right?

Right... he could still move in and attack, or could position himself for a charge next turn.

   If an attacker with more than one Attack Die rolls at least two 6s, he is considered to have made a critical hit. A critical hit causes a minimum of one point of damage to the defender for each 6 rolled. Example: A wizard with 2 Attack Dice makes an attack on a Dwarf with 4 Defense Dice. The wizard’s Attack roll is 2 sixes (12), but the dwarf’s Defense roll totals 17. Because this is a critical hit for the wizard, he still deals 2 points of damage to the Dwarf.

I’ll think about this... but it hasn’t been a problem thus far. I might be reworking the combat mechanism to something more like it was originally anyhow, which would make the point moot...

Peter