 Gaming / 1847
1846  |  1848
Subject:
BrickQuest first questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming, lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:18:57 GMT

I just read through the BrickQuest rules, and I’m quite impressed. I have a number of questions I hope Peter can answer, though. I haven’t played a game yet, so please forgive the more ignorant questions.

1) Although the Wizard has powerful spells, it seems like he would run out of Spell Points pretty quickly. 14 spell points lookes like it would work out to just 4 or 5 spells per game. After that he’s just an archer. Or is there a way (besides Infuse) that he can regain spell points during a game?

2) The terms “squares” and “spaces” seem to be interchangeable. Are they?

3) What is a BrickRuler? I can’t find a definition or picture of one.

4) I’m not firm on the who’s in and out of the firing arc. In the image below, have I drawn the Wizard’s firing arc (in red) correcty? Are creatures at the squares marked “1” and “3” within the arc?

5) When an object which contains a creature is forced open, the creature within is placed on a square square adjacent to the object. What if there are no empty adjacent squares? Would the creature have to remain on/in the object until a square opens up? If so, perhaps it would be limited to move actions only during this time?

6) When a character passes an item to a second character, does receiving the item count as an action on the part of the second character?

7) In the image below, which are valid targets for a charging Fighter?
  1. I believe the Fighter can charge a creature at square 1 by moving to square B.
  2. Can he charge square 4 by moving to square C (because it counts as 2 squares of movement)?
  3. If the previous point is valid, then can he charge square 2 by moving to square A, or is that not a straight line?
  4. If the previous point is valid, then can he charge square 3 by moving to square A (or would he have to turn 90 degrees left first?)

8) Climbing ropes or chains.
  • Must a character be in the square with a rope or in the square adjacent to the rope in order to climb it? It would seem like either should work.
  • If a character is climbing a rope 90 bricks high, he will have to make 10 rolls to successfully climb to the top. If he fails his very first roll, does he take 30 (90 / 3) or 3 (9 / 3) points of damage?
9) Critical Hits. A Wizard with 2 Attack Dice gets a critical if she rolls two sixes, a 1 in 36 chance. Does a Dward with 3 Attack Dice get a critical only by rolling three sixes (a 1 in 216 chance)? That’s the way I read the rule, but it just doesn’t seem fair.

10) Ethereality. Can an ethereal creature end its movement in an occupied square or within a floor or wall? If so, what happens if the spell ends under this condition? Is the creature bumped into an adjacent empty square? If so, and no empty square exists, is it killed?

That’s all for now. Thanks in advance?