 Gaming / 1408
Re: The debut of GLUG!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 12:56:30 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Andrew Engstrom writes:

Hey, wow!  Someplace within my driving range!  Not being an AFOL is NOT
cool...

I think what you're objecting to is people treating you like you are a
worthless liability.  that's what's not cool.  Being a teenager rocks, enjoy it
while you can :-)

I'd be really excited if TFOL's (Teen Fan Of Lego--feel free to plagarize)
are welcome to these events.

So you know, TFOL has been used for ages, and you are certainly welcome.  I
started going to Gen Con when I was 11 and I'll be 33 at this one -- I only
missed one in that time because my son was due, eight years ago.

So, yeah, I'd be more than interested in attending, If I can get a friend or
parent or two or a combination of both.

My parents thought it was a great experience for me.  Good luck!

A quick question--is anyone planning on bringing "special" models?  EG
battle units with superpower abilities...or intricate MOCs to make cameo
battle appearances.  If not, cool, but having an ACTUAL Lego event so close
makes me start to drool...

We don't know yet.  There will certainly be MOCs in support of the events that
we set up.  And if you have something in particular that you want to use and it
can be fitted into a scenario, I'd bet most of the judges would be
accomodating.  But you might want to wait and see what we're doing and see if
you want to design something for it.

Chris