 Gaming / 1406
Re: The debut of GLUG!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 02:50:34 GMT

Hey, wow!  Someplace within my driving range!  Not being an AFOL is NOT cool...

I'd be really excited if TFOL's (Teen Fan Of Lego--feel free to plagarize)
are welcome to these events.  GMLUG is only open to adults :-(  And SW
Minnesota isn't known for its Brikwarriors, either!

So, yeah, I'd be more than interested in attending, If I can get a friend or
parent or two or a combination of both.

A quick question--is anyone planning on bringing "special" models?  EG
battle units with superpower abilities...or intricate MOCs to make cameo
battle appearances.  If not, cool, but having an ACTUAL Lego event so close
makes me start to drool...

Anyways, mark me down for showing interest, I'll have a definite answer later.
~Andrew~

Hey, lugnet let my message post!  Awesome!

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
It is my pleasure to announce the formation of GLUG -- The Game-LEGO User
Group.

The purpose of GLUG is to facilitate discussion about, and organization of,
LEGO-based games of all kinds.  This includes the creation of new games, the
alteration of old games, and the gathering to play these games.   GLUG members
are interested in one or more aspects of one or more LEGO-games: board,
miniature, role-playing, card, or computer.

The inaugural meeting of GLUG will take place in Indianapolis, Indiana from
24-27 July, 2003 at Gen Con.  This year's Gen Con will see the first ever track
of LEGO-related games which will include at least: Brik Wars, Evil Stevie's
Pirate Game, LEGO Wars: The Short Version, and Mechaton.  Details of the events
are still being crafted (and we'd love to have more).

If you are a LEGO-game enthusiast, please hop on over to lugnet.fun.gaming and
let your presence be known.  If you are interested in coming to Gen Con for
four fun-filled days of LEGO gaming -- particularly if you are able to run
events, please email me with your particulars.  If you are a game creator and
would like to exhibit your game at Gen Con as a part of the GLUG track of
events, let us know.  If you have general interest in GLUG online and/or
expanded face to face get-togethers, stay tuned and we will have a dedicated
discussion forum in place in the coming days.

LUGNET admins, would a lugnet.org.glug (or something similar) be appropriate?