 Gaming / 1011
Re: Gaming at AFOL cons
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 17:01:00 GMT

Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote:

We had a nice roundtable on gaming at BricksWest, but I thought I'd open
some of the discussion here.

...Just a note on this. I'm reading the thread (and passing along things to
BrickFest :-) I don't have much time to respond to things at the moment (damn
customers want me to _work!_ go figure). But I can say a couple things:

...Scheduling: we're working on tracking things better this year at BrickFest.
With any luck we will be sketching out a schedule well in advance and working
with key coordinators (like Frank) so we can tune it to try and make sure
everyone gets lots of play and lots of tracktime.

...Rooms and Building Close Time: We are playing with the hotel idea which would
free us from closing times... but would likely sacrifice some space (since we'd
have to pay a premium on the convention rooms :-/  As for "stranded in a distant
corner", if we stay at GMU, we're going to try and get all the rooms on the 2nd
floor (at least that's what _I_ think should be done :-)  This should make it
easier for gamers to step in and out to check out other things and also increase
foot traffic and visitors...

...More comments later... :-)

(note, do _not_ hold Christina hostage for my comments! I'm on the Brickfest
committee, but I don't make all the rules by myself! :-)

---
wubwub
wubwub@wildlink.com
jains.has.it        <-- Jain's Guide
www.sitcatsit.com   <-- a guy and his cat
www.wildlink.com    <-- the wildlinks

Start planning for BrickFest 2002!
The AFOL Community's Premier Fan Run Event!
www.brickfest.com