 Fun / Gaming / 665
Re: First post and LEGO wargaming questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 19:08:32 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Thomas Mitchell writes:

Concerning wizards and arcane/magic stuff, I think we'll shy away from that
for the initial confrontation.  We'll probably stick with plain-Jane ground
troops and cavalry.  Magic would just confuse the issue.  We _do_ want to
migrate towards that, however.  The LEGO universe has provided us with a few
fantastic creatues (dragons, rock monsters, and skeletons come to mind) that
beg to be worked in, a la Warhammer Fantasy.  Wizards are just a natural
progression.

Of course!  I happen to know that a revision for the rules is in the works,
though, and that will clear up a lot of problems- plus, if you are just
starting out, you'll have enough to keep track of with the regular troops, and
SPs would just muddy the waters even further.  But as you play more and more,
adding in the supplements only makes the game more fun.

And if one can use wizzies, then necromancers aren't far
behind.  Can you see enemy soldiers rising from the dead and then fighting
for you?!?!  What a hoot!!!

Oh, yes, I can see that, and I have. :D  One of the players at our last game

http://www.people.thirteen.net/~eric/lego/bw/medi1.html

Used a necromancer.

  Our desire to emulate the storming of a fortified structure still stands,
however.  The ballistae models are, in a word, amazing, and I hope to mount
a few on the keep's turrets.  I guess my next question is, how should one
handle the "breaching" of the wall?  I envision it going something like
this...

Tactics aside, the game mechanics for breaching walls are in the BW chapter
about Bases.  Read up on those, and your tactics will probably follow as a
natural extension.  One thing is for sure, you're going to want to be doing
combined fire of some kind.

FUT lugnet.fun.gaming

eric