 Fun / Community / 18
  Suggestions for Buildathon

Hey, I'm seriously considering doing a Buildathon for the kids in my city. I do a Kids Night at our community center every Monday night, and my puppet team and I have had some dialogue about having a Lego Night. I've wandered around Lugnet and (...) (25 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.fun.community) !

  Re: Suggestions for Buildathon

(...) You shouldn't talk to your puppets.. _they're_not_real_ ;-) (...) Task-based or free-style? What age-group are they? Could they co-operate in teams? From a LEGO event that I went to at a local bookshop, I saw that the kids will invariably take (...) (25 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Suggestions for Buildathon

(...) That depends on if you get your "real" theology from the Velveteen Rabbit or from Toy Story. Cuz if you're going Velveteen (not Velveeta, please) then they've got some years left. (...) too much of an issue. Good questions I need to think (...) (25 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Suggestions for Buildathon

(...) Minifigs, now they have feelings.. and they assure me that out of all my toys they are the only ones that are sentient. And that all the rest aren't plotting to lock me in my room and make me play with them after years of neglect. They (...) (25 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Suggestions for Buildathon

(...) What do you think of this? I could have specialty tables for the town 1) "Building" Tables with baseplates and lots of bricks, windows and doors 2) "Vehicle" Tables which specialize in accessories like wheels, windshields, and wings 3) "Zoo" (...) (25 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Suggestions for Buildathon

(...) Good ideas! Kids like building things like.. elephants on wheels too, so the only other thing I can think of is a jumble table, with bits of everything on it? Richard (25 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Suggestions for Buildathon

Hi Markus, (...) Good idea (...) Youre right, we do it all the time at our Bouwsteen meetings, but LEGO Nederland is so kind to support us every time we have an clubmeeting, with 2 large boxes of 10 kilo LEGOs each and one box containing the same (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.fun.community) !

  Re: Suggestions for Buildathon

(...) you (...) Enfield or (...) an (...) the (...) is (...) without (...) youll (...) able (...) Sounds like a good starting point. By Nicos estimation, I'll need about 80 kg of bricks then for my expected 80 kids. I guess the next question is, (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Suggestions for Buildathon

I thought of one more. I need to set up a Duplo table for lil' ones and paranoid parents. Although there's an age limit, there is a Kindergarten to 2nd grade night. Sometimes parents will bring the baby childs and even if they're not there, kids (...) (25 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.fun.community)