 Fun / Community / 25
Re: Suggestions for Buildathon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun.community
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 22:04:22 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

On the other hand youll need an average of 1 kilo / kid assorted bricks. Are • you
able to contact an retailer close by whos able to make some contact to • Enfield or
ask them yourself. I should start at the Promotionel department.

We or I rented bricks to keep the kids busy, almost 2 years ago, 5 boxes for • an
happening at the office. The item was build an bridge to the future or just an
bridge. We had 50 kilos from LEGO at almost no price, but we had to pay for • the
shipping of the goods afterwards.
There were several rules fi youll have to pay for every kilo of bricks which • is
lost during the day or happening, or better as long as theire under your
supervision.
If you put 50 kilos of bricks on a floor, you wont be able to walk around • without
touching stones with your feet. And after the kids start playing with them • youll
find bricks in every corner and its common that mothers and grandmas who are • able
to take a seat in the romm will serve as an watchdog.

But I dont know If LEGO Americas offers this kind of service nowadays.
I would nt use any personal bricks, just to avoid the struggle over missing
bricks.

Greetings and keep building

Nico Hoogerbrug
Secretary of The Buildingbrick

Sounds like a good starting point.  By Nicos estimation, I'll need about 80 kg
of bricks then for my expected 80 kids.   I guess the next question is, can I
get legos by the kilo?  How much brickage is in a standard lego bucket?  I've
never weighed legos (nor come to think of it, bought one of those buckets)