 Fun / *1333 (-20)
  Re: Meet the Johnson Family!

(...) ROSCO (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.fun)

  Vidsig

Hi all, I haven't been building much since I have used up most of my time trying to make movies. After many experiments in different software, I made this small video short. It is my video signature (in the tradition of Bluntmation: (URL) for my (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.fun)

  Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) Many thanks Tim, your reply is really encouraging. I currently try to figure out the best way to write a building tutorial. The three major difficulties are: 1. It is REALLY intimidating to write the first tutorial ever. I don't want to be (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Meet the Johnson Family!

(...) Belville dolls (at least assuming you used the Fabuland necks)... Frank (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: Meet the Johnson Family!

it's disgusting it's profanation it's desecration :))) it reminds me toy story and the construction-spider with doll head i will not sleep well today tobbe :) pixel "Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message news:HDGBwD.qwr@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.fun)

  Meet the Johnson Family!

Hi all! I made a cool little discovery today and quickly made this page, I hope it will generate a little laugh or at least a smile to brighten your day! (URL) regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.fabuland, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.fun, lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.technic) !

  Re: What's so Adult about it Anyway ?

In lugnet.general, Tim Courtney writes: <snip> (...) Yeah, I've always been a big fan of the concept. Granted, I don't build with it, but I think it is a brillant way to get gets building and learning about basic mechanics. The audience for these (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: What's so Adult about it Anyway ? (was: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) I used to be on the side of encouraging clubs to not have age requirements, however, under more consideration, I'm more open to the idea. In my opinion, the biggest reason is the way our country handles child abuse allegations. Because of the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) I definitely have caught on to the idea that LEGO fans aren't one community, but several communities. We use the term "the LEGO community" to signify people who are seriously interested in LEGO and LEGO-related topics, and who build (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: What's so Adult about it Anyway ?

(...) Yep. (...) True. I think it's great to encourage those kids who don't build LEGO on this level to explore it. I have gained a new appreciation for Bionicle recently, at BricksWest and at a friend's house a couple weeks ago. His kids have a lot (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: What's so Adult about it Anyway ? (was: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) IMHO, the AFOL term was used just to give this group a sense of identity. Sure, any old kid can say he plays with Lego, but all he might do is just buy sets and make them, or just collect Bionicle figures. We actually take Lego to the next (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: What's so Adult about it Anyway ? (was: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) Looking back in the thread, I think I was the one who began talking about "adult" here, although the phrase "Adult Fan of LEGO" (AFOL) seems to have been created quite a while ago. I find that I mention adult LEGO fans almost in self defense. (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

Hi Damien - (...) I'm sorry to hear that. Most of the people I build with have more LEGO than I do. I have quite a bit, perhaps just under 100,000 pieces. But, I still don't have the parts to construct what I really want to, which is part of the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) Yes, that's sharing building experience and you are lucky. My only sharing experience ended with "i don't need you, i have more lego than you anyway". Ok you share building experience. I mean you don't share building skills. You construct your (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) Pretty funny! Damien (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: What's so Adult about it Anyway ? (was: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) YES! Man I'm really not getting work done today. Stopped by the post office with my taxes, visited a local shopkeeper. Posting in this silly thread. Well, the thread isn't silly, but it's silly that I'm not getting my work done! (...) The TFOL (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

"Damien Guichard" <damien.guichard@wanadoo.fr> skrev i meddelandet news:HDCyp9.8rw@lugnet.com... (...) I don't agree. There are many ways where you *actually* share the experience, not only by watching: - Build together - I do it all the time with (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  What's so Adult about it Anyway ? (was: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) Haha! I love it. Now, I really am enjoying this entire thread, but my line of thinking is diverging a little (thus the change in subject line). A question comes to my mind about how we refer to ourselves within the "community". Why do we need (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) For someone who has shyed away from the community over the past year or so, I feel that I may be able to answer some questions: I believe that the culture here includes everyone, especially the casual fan of Lego. But I think that the reason (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) FUT .space. What do you say fellas? Imagine a new LSC (Lego Space Club) showing up at a Sci Fi convention and dominating a whole corner with Moonbases and SHIPs... I bet a number of visitors would be converted over from collecting comic-book (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.space)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact