 FAQ / 897 (-10)
  Re: Color chart

So Todd hates Javascript. I wrote a Javascript compiler for a dedicated web browser, and it was/is used by many hackers to break in the system, so I understand why. But here's another fly for the soup. Suzanne, have you considered replacing the (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) like (...) specs (...) Hmm, just found one disadvantage of this... IE 4.0 doesn't print the backgrounds.... Guess I'll have to do a screen capture to print the chart. Frank (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) I'm not sure they're all missing--obviously, the chromeized elements fall outside the usual pale, but the yellow-green was pretty much on the mark for the transparent elements as far as I'm concerned. Transparent elements might require a (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) cool! (...) Actually, I have a dual monitor setup here. Running OS 9.0.4, I have two main calibration settings saved. One for a PC view on my iMacSE screen (gamma 2.2) and the other is set up for mirroring over to my ViewSonic PT775 (which has (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

I can explain this somewhat. I worked on Apple system software in graphics for many years. The Macintosh, which Suzanne uses, is set up to attempt to show each level of gray equi-distant from each other, as the eye sees it. This is done by applying (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) OK, I see what you mean; but even when I do that, the color is *way* off my brick-pink. As you said, definitely monitor settings- I'm sure it looks better on your computer... itprobably has to do with the fact that I have a flat monitor (just (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) I'm no color expert, but what I have learned over the years has told me that color matching is an incredibly difficult art/science. It's interesting, in print media, color matching is difficult, but at least once you've printed something, (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) Since some of the Scala colors are very close (just last night I was looking at two of the Scala oranges, and noticed how close they were), it would be best for the pictures to be taken under the same conditions. Of course that could be hard (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) just to keep in mind: lightness will vary depending upon your computer's gamma setting. That is to say, if you're running a Mac with default settings, some colors will look lighter than on my computer or an average PC running Windows. You've (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) Aaaaaarrrrgh(Suzanne screams as her head pops!)splat. Indeed it has a long way to go toward completeness. =-) (...) I would love to add this. I found this message thread: (URL) I have a Mac and can't display the .dat file. Is is easy to make (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact