 FAQ / 880
  Re: Color chart

(...) I keep thinking about making a color chart. The problem is the colors I only have a handfull of examples of, and especially those which the only example is an awkward piece. I think we should press LD to make it easy for us and release a (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

In lugnet.faq, Frank Filz writes: [...] (...) Hey! this seems like serioiusly a resonable thing to ask LD for, in connection with ordering elements. I wonder if they've got anything prepared for online color selection. (?) So many companies provide (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Color chart

(...) I hope so! Maybe a bit far-fetched, but they could even have their ordering system online, with part AND color selection. That would be fabulous. I've heard some ideas jumbled around; and TLC probably already has something like LDraw's (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Color chart

(...) sure (...) Well, your sweetie knows more about this than I do, but my understanding is that if you want really really precise matches, only a sample of the actual thing in question will do. Anything that's done with other pigments may not be (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Color chart

(...) sure (...) Most graphics types use pantone as a standard - see : www.pantone.com. I'd imagine a colour / color standard based on the wavelength would also be simple? Scott A (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Color chart

(...) Not really; there's reflective components to colour as well, although I'd imagine that Lego, being made of a single type of plastic for the most part, is fairly consistent in this respect. F'r'instance, paint is sold with a 'gloss' and (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Color chart

(...) to (...) you (...) simple? (...) Sorry. I was really talking about TLC, and how they match coulour. I very much doubt they use swatches, as was suggested. Scott A (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Color chart

Hey, you could always take the color in question down to your local hardware or paint store and ask them to stick it into their computerized color matcher, that would be about as accurate as you can get using today's technology!! I've seen them (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.lego.direct)