 FAQ / 752 (-20)
  Re: Junior, Juniorized, Juniorization

(...) I think I can continue this series Junior, Juniorized, Juniorization, Playmobile, Why not get rid of all those annoying little pieces and those stupid instructions you can never follow, and make a ready-made model? Wouldnt it be much simpler (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Strange "cartoon" gears?

What a wonderful post, Mark. Thank you so much. Forwarding to lugnet.faq. This could serve as the definitive entry for the question "What are these strange looking (pre-technic?) gears I've found?" (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.faq)

  Re: Junior, Juniorized, Juniorization

Shiri: (...) You can create a hollow effect with other bricks (but you might need a bit more than two pieces :-) (...) I don't really mind the raised base plates because they are a nice cheap solution for building mountains. I have a strong dislike (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.build)

  Re: Junior, Juniorized, Juniorization

(...) Okay, IMHO, BURPs have great potential and you can do tons of stuff with them. <grin, duck, run> I just moved and left my BURPs at my old house - you wouldn't believe how much I miss them... And, you couldn't create a hollow effect using other (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Junior, Juniorized, Juniorization

(...) A style (brand?) of boat. The yellow inflatable* boats that came with the diver sets. Picture Jacques Costeau riding in one to chase after some humpbacked whales on PBS. -- jthompson@esker.com "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily" * Of (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.build)

  Re: Junior, Juniorized, Juniorization

(...) what do you mean by zodiac??? -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.build)

  Re: Junior, Juniorized, Juniorization

[ X-posted to lugnet.dear-lego because I don't like juniorisation ] [ X-posted to lugnet.build because I have a building suggestion ] Richard Marchetti: (...) I think it depends on who you talk to. IMO the main juniorisation indicator is POOP's: - (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.build)

  Junior, Juniorized, Juniorization

Hey: When we talk about building with Juniorized parts are we also talking about not building with castle walls, or arches, or leaves, or spiderwebs, etc.? Because I like these special parts, I would miss them hugely. Not that anyone has suggested (...) (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Cancelling letters

(...) It depends on what interface you're using. Most newsreaders have the ability to cancel a post, and it should be documented in your help files. If, on the other hand, you're posting via the web interface, the only method to cancel a message is (...) (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

  Cancelling letters

How do I cancel a letter I wrote? I've seen a few cancelled letters, so I guess it's possible. Does anyone know? Thanx. -Shiri (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Support Insectoids Leg Small, part #30211, partially complete

[XPOST lugnet.faq, XFUT lugnet.cad.dev. Please follow-up appropriately.] (...) Inlining is the process of replacing a subfile reference with the contents of the subfile. Like this: b = 12*a a = c + 3 If you _inlined_ a into b, you'd get: b = 12*c + (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.faq)

  Re: Speaking of the FAQ (Was: Lugnet.Underground vs Lugnet.Rockraiders)

(...) Is this the same markup language used in playground? Will the HTML-ized FAQ files eventually need translating? (...) No HTML; just in the header/body format we seem to have settled upon. I wrote a script which would expand those into (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Speaking of the FAQ (Was: Lugnet.Underground vs Lugnet.Rockraiders)

(...) There's a mechanism in place now to start semi-seriously implementing it, but not seriously seriously implementing it. That is, what's there could certainly now be used to create pages and edit them right from the web (I've been doing this (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Speaking of the FAQ (Was: Lugnet.Underground vs Lugnet.Rockraiders)

(...) Me too! :-, (...) That's not a bad idea. Either the FAQ or the site map would be appropriate IMO. Todd, Speaking of the FAQ, do you have any kind of mechanism in place to start seriously implementing the FAQ? I don't mean to sound pushy, but (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.faq)

  Re: "Buying Lego" FAQ to link auctions to

Here's a first draft of the first few questions - comments please! Buying Lego FAQ Before reading the individual questions and answers, there are four resources you should know about which may well, between them, give you the answer to these and (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.faq)

  Re: "Buying Lego" FAQ to link auctions to

(...) Took a look John, you've done a nice job! However, the list of auctions is a long way down the page - many people never do go right down a page and so would never see what you've got there. I envisage something that will be a single-purpose (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.faq)

  Re: "Buying Lego" FAQ to link auctions to

I just noticed this huge thread, and only reading the first line by Kevin, I want to say, "Look at my trade page!" I have linked to just about every site I could think of that is a good site to find Legos. Look at it (see sig), LMK what you think. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.faq)

  Re: Lego Phone Numbers

(...) There is a preliminary FAQ item on this issue: (URL) URL to LEGO addresses is now: (URL) you can find phone, fax, and snail mail contact info for TLG in several countries. Unfortunately, CA is not listed there; neither is S@H. :-( Cheers, - (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.faq)

  How to find a LUGNET newsgroup (Was: how do i request instructions to a set)

(...) We're all there at some time, neh? Anyway, I referred to the newsgroup: lugnet.market.jambalaya You can read up on it simply by subscribing to that newsgroup -- the very first message is the newsgroup charter, a message which gives a good (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: how do i request instructions to a set

(...) look. Forgive my newbie ignorance, but what is a Jambalaya box??? Peter Callaway (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.faq)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact