 FAQ / 740
Re: Speaking of the FAQ (Was: Lugnet.Underground vs Lugnet.Rockraiders)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 20:06:57 GMT

In lugnet.general, Sproaticus <jsproat@io.com> writes:
[...]
Todd, Speaking of the FAQ, do you have any kind of mechanism in place to
start seriously implementing the FAQ?

There's a mechanism in place now to start semi-seriously implementing it,
but not seriously seriously implementing it.  That is, what's there could
certainly now be used to create pages and edit them right from the web (I've
been doing this every day for the past two months to create the "Spotlight"
pages and it works great), but it's not specially tailored for FAQing yet.

I don't mean to sound pushy, but we have a respectable chunk of material
that still needs a home.  I also have an In-Box full of FAQ questions
which need investigating, but I've been putting it off until a more formal
delivery mechanism is in place.

If you've got a collection of HTML pages that need a home, I can easily host
those off the /faq/ area.

Do you still have plans for the FAQ?

Oh yes, definitely yes.

Is it a back-burner project at this point?

Sort of a middle-burner.  It's something unfolding along with other stuff as
a byproduct.

--Todd