 FAQ / 734
733  |  735
Subject:
How to find a LUGNET newsgroup (Was: how do i request instructions to a set)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 15:55:37 GMT

Peter Callaway wrote:
Alternatively, you can try to convince someone to put a copy into a Jambalaya
box that you are in line for.  Give the newsgroup lugnet.market.jambalaya a
look.
Forgive my newbie ignorance, but what is a Jambalaya box???

We're all there at some time, neh?  Anyway, I referred to the newsgroup:

lugnet.market.jambalaya

You can read up on it simply by subscribing to that newsgroup -- the very
first message is the newsgroup charter, a message which gives a good
description about the newsgroup.  Alternatively, you can look at it (and its
FAQ and charter) via the Web interface:

http://www.lugnet.com/market/jambalaya/

To find the Web interface for any LUGNET newsgroup, take its name, chop off
the leading text "lugnet.", and convert the "."'s to "/"'s.  Prefix it with
"http://www.lugnet.com/" and make sure it ends with a "/", and you've got a
URL to the Web interface for that newsgroup.

Some more examples:

Newsgroup name:    lugnet.admin.general
Web interface URL: http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/

Newsgroup name:    lugnet.build
Web interface URL: http://www.lugnet.com/build/

Newsgroup name:    lugnet.loc.us.ut
Web interface URL: http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/ut/

Happy LUGNETting!

Cheers,
- jsproat

Jeremy: "Hi, my name is Jeremy Sproat, and I'm a...Slashdot Lemming."
All:    "Hi, Jeremy."