 FAQ / 749
Re: Junior, Juniorized, Juniorization
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 01:06:55 GMT

In lugnet.faq, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
[ X-posted to lugnet.dear-lego because I don't like juniorisation ]
[ X-posted to lugnet.build     because I have a building suggestion ]

Richard Marchetti:

When we talk about building with Juniorized parts are we also talking about
not building with castle walls, or arches, or leaves, or spiderwebs, etc.?

I think it depends on who you talk to.

IMO the main juniorisation indicator is POOP's:

- BURPS

Okay, IMHO, BURPs have great potential and you can do tons of stuff with them.
<grin, duck, run>

I just moved and left my BURPs at my old house - you wouldn't believe how much
I miss them...
And, you couldn't create a hollow effect using other bricks.

- on-piece car chassis'
- 1*N*5 bricks
- "pier" pieces
- ...

Agree on those points.

Some not quite POOP's (the actual shape is _slightly_
different from what you could achieve with other pieces):

- castle wall pieces (including the western variants)
- raised base plates

Well, personally, I love the raised baseplates and the castle walls.

I wonder how much more expensive non-raised base plates plus
pieces (maybe some BURPS) to create the raised section would
be that plain raised base plates.

See? You proved my point about BURPs - you found a way to use them.

And then there are SPUD's (which don't really count as
juniorisation in my book - they are just a bad direction):

- Zodiac
- Horse
- Dragon
- Cat
- ...

I like all these stuff too, and wouldn't want to see them disappear.

Personally, I think the really bad juniorization is the Town Jr. using HUGE
wall pieces (and car chassis') that could be EASILY replaced by normal pieces,
and would look better that way, too.

I agree with Richard's saying about the 12 brick high columns (In fright
knights), I like them too. I think that the best way for TLC to deal with this
(if they decide too, that is) is too decrease the *quantities* of such pieces,
so that people who hated them wouldn't have much of them, but people who liked
them could have. (And if bulk buying will be possible, that would make life
easier for everyone...)

Just my 2 cents worth...

-Shiri