 Events / BrickWorld / 315
Re: Worm gear... whence the length?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 2008 15:09:32 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

a possible good reason for the length of the worm gear?

The number of thread has to be an integer. If not, you could not been able to
use multiple worm gear on a same axle.

And the thread pitch is determined from the straight gears pitch. (which is
something like nPi/m studs (n,m being intergers).

And you can't make a multiple of nPi/m be exactly an integer of studs.

Didier