 Events / BricksWest / 681
Re: Brickswest animation festival: how was it?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.animation
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:24:54 GMT

"Stefan" <wandrer@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message news:HAGLzM.L33@lugnet.com...
Hello people,

Quite a few animators who sent their work to BricksWest, but were unable • to
be there (as a result of living in different states, countries or even
continents) are waiting for some report on the festival. Anybody who's • been
there: how did it go? No technical problems? Lots of attendees? Which • films
were big hits, which were regarded as not so good?

We'd really really like to know!

Stefan.
--
---
YellowHead Studios. Where LEGO comes to life!

I got a real kick about it; the ani was great work.

There are some tweaks that need to be done that most have already spoke of.

One thing that really got me was the formatting of the ani itself.  Before
presentation it was mentioned that some of the movies submitted (QT and
Windows Media) had to be filmed off a monitor to be shown on tape and that
IMO degraded some of the image quality.  You couldn't see the monitor itself
but could make out it was being recorded off the screen of one.

I'm hoping to see an entry catagory for works like the one Eric Sophie and
RTL Toronto did for the BW 2004.  I've got an idea for one myself.

Adr.