 Events / BricksWest / 695
Re: Brickswest animation festival: how was it?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.animation
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 20:42:12 GMT

Tim, thanks for the positive comment, but I still need people to weigh in with
their critiques. I have called for input before and no one has said anything.
Maybe this upheaval will encourage others to get-it-off their chest and weigh
in with remarks either way.

If everyone wants a good time and a venue to show the good animations, then I
need feedback. Otherwise, things will continue as they have with little to no
outside input that will increase the popularity of and the commitment to the
animation festivals.

Todd

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Tim Courtney writes:
In lugnet.events.brickswest, Todd Thuma writes:

[snip]

Please if you have any suggestions I am more than willing to listen to • anything
you have to say and consider it. I started this because I thought animators
like yourself should have a public forum for having your work presented. I
never want to treat an animator unfairly or "mangle" their work as you have
suggested. I felt terrible about the way things occured at BrickFest and • spent
a great deal of time sole searching about the issues that came up. I really
wasn't certain I wanted continue supporting animators, and if my support is • not
welcome, I will move on to other things.

Todd - your contributions are most certainly welcome by me and by many
others. Please don't let the complaints of people who were not even in
attendance bother you. I think you're doing a great job trying to improve
future animation festivals with the limitations you've described.

Everyone - no one else has stepped up to the plate to organize this. Todd
volunteered. That's right, he gave of his own free time to show your
projects to others. You should be grateful instead of critical.

-Tim