 Events / BricksWest / 136
Re: Is BricksWest going to be online during the convention?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 04:03:15 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Todd Thuma writes:
Matthew and anyone else,

Is BricksWest going to be online during the convention. Not that we have to
everything that BrickFest does or did, but I thought there might be certain
events that we might want to cover live. I could bring a couple cameras, those
USB Studio cameras. I could even be pressed to bring my PC. I was thinking
about buying a DSL/Cable switch, I don't know if that would help us or hurt us.

Regardless of whether or not we do a live video, I thin we should at least do
up-to-the-minute reporting with postings to the website. I volunteer to do some
posting ans typing if that sinches the deal.

What do you think?

I like it, but I'm not so sure we can pull it off...BrickFest had the
resources in place to feed their live web cams during their event...we
simply don't.

I'm going to have at least one, if not both, of my DV cameras at the event,
and I hope to tape ALL of the events (I think we already talked about this
Todd, right?).

Some/all of the sessions, perhaps edited, will be made available as
QuickTime movies on the Brickswest web site.

Also, I had thought we might produce a DVD of al of the sessions, plus the
animation entries, for folks to purchase after BricksWest, if there were
interest in this. Of course, I would need to get model clearances from
everyone at the event, and permissions from the animation producers to do
this, but I was going to include a model release form in the registration
materials anyway.

Much like BrickFest, I figure we can do a daily report at the end of each
day, and post it to the site, here, and to RTL and ATL. If you can do/help
with this, that will be great!

I also would like to have access to some digital stills from the daily
events to post...I will be asking EVERYONE who brings a digital still cam to
allow us to grab their shots daily to post.

How does all of this sound?

Matt