 Events / BricksWest / 102
  URGENT! BricksWest Lodging Question-Time Is Running Out

I have a very urgent situation to work out, and must make this public plea. I need a head count of people who have or are planning to stay at the Grand Pacific Palisades Hotel during BricksWest. According to the hotel, they have not received one (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general) !!

  Re: URGENT! BricksWest Lodging Question-Time Is Running Out

(...) The problem might be that they didn't have a clue when I made reservations what the BricksWest conference was! I made my reservations a few weeks ago, and asked for the conference rate. I mentioned "BricksWest" by name a couple of times; they (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: URGENT! BricksWest Lodging Question-Time Is Running Out

I need to get on the ball and finalize my plans... I would like to share a room. If you are interested in sharing a room please let me know by Saturday morning (EST) so I can evaluate my options. I will have to seriously consider my attendance if I (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: URGENT! BricksWest Lodging Question-Time Is Running Out

(...) That is one of the things I was afraid of, and why I made this plea. If I can get a head count, I can talk to them about it. You're one... Matt (22 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: URGENT! BricksWest Lodging Question-Time Is Running Out

(...) That's an excellent point. Matthew, can you talk to the hotel about this? They're offering a better price ($119 weekdays, $149 weekends) via the website than they offered you for the special room rate! I don't think that's fair at all! --Bill. (22 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: URGENT! BricksWest Lodging Question-Time Is Running Out

(...) Good thought Bill...I'm woking on making this the default price for BricksWest as well. I'm on the phone about it as I type and will post further informayion when I know more... Thanks guys...let's make sure BricksWest happens! Matt (22 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  UPDATE! (to: URGENT! BricksWest Lodging Question...)

OK folks... The Internet special rate for the Grand Pacific should be your room rate now. If you have not reserved a room, do so ASAP...they are almost full from the golf tournament. If you have reserved a room, call back and make sure you are (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general) !

  Re: UPDATE! (to: URGENT! BricksWest Lodging Question...)

(...) I just called, and they said $160/night. "We have a signed contract" blah blah blah. Please nag them to inform the reservation desk of this change. (...) Golf tournament? This is the first I've heard of this. Did you know there was another (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: UPDATE! (to: URGENT! BricksWest Lodging Question...)

(...) Nagging complete...should be OK now <crossing fingers> (...) How? I worked a contract reserving an entire hotel for this...it's only now, since reservations were either low for real, or falsly low due to folks taking a different rate than was (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: UPDATE! (to: URGENT! BricksWest Lodging Question...)

(...) It is, though they wouldn't give me the $119 for the non-weekend days. It is $149 per night for the entire time (I reserved Friday through Tuesday, though I might change my mind and leave Monday instead). (...) The golf tournament is (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: UPDATE! (to: URGENT! BricksWest Lodging Question...)

(...) What nights should we be getting the 149 price, and what nights the 119? My wife just made reservations, and she said she could only get the 119 price for Sunday night. She was very clear about being for brickswest. -john (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: UPDATE! (to: URGENT! BricksWest Lodging Question...)

(...) When I called, they wouldn't give me 119 at all! --Bill. (22 years ago, 12-Jan-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: URGENT! BricksWest Lodging Question-Time Is Running Out

Hey Mathew, I just booked my flight and I will be looking into Hotel info in the next day or two, I also know another Mecha guy that will probably rent a room for a night. Gimme a day or so to finalize a few things then I'll get in touch regarding (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: URGENT! BricksWest Lodging Question-Time Is Running Out

(...) Well, I just booked my flight also, but I was a little late to make hotel reservations tonight, so I will be doing that first thing in the morning. I'll be mailing my BricksWest registration soon also. I would be interested in sharing a rental (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Roomie Wanted (was Re: URGENT! BricksWest Lodging Question-Time Is Running Out)

(...) I booked my room today. I would really love to have someone share the cost, so if you are thinking of attending and would like to share a room please let me know. Frank (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: URGENT! BricksWest Lodging Question-Time Is Running Out

OK, now that there is only one week left for full registration, do you have an update on this problem? Specifically: Are there enough people reserving rooms at the Palisades so that BricksWest will definitely take place? /Eric M/ (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: URGENT! BricksWest Lodging Question-Time Is Running Out

(...) We're most definately on...did you read the rest of the thread? We got the hotel issues ironed out here (and a lower room rate as well): (URL) main problem with the hotel was this: If the hotel wasn't filled by the time of the event, (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)