 Events / BricksWest / 108
Re: URGENT! BricksWest Lodging Question-Time Is Running Out
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 21:15:00 GMT

"David Schilling" <davidNO@SPAMsunteleia.com> writes:
In lugnet.events.brickswest, Matthew Gerber writes:
I have a very urgent situation to work out, and must make this public plea.

I need a head count of people who have or are planning to stay at the Grand
Pacific Palisades Hotel during BricksWest. According to the hotel, they have
not received one reservation for the event. I was under the impression that
at least a few folks had reserved rooms.

The problem might be that they didn't have a clue when I made reservations
what the BricksWest conference was!  I made my reservations a few weeks ago,
and asked for the conference rate.  I mentioned "BricksWest" by name a
couple of times; they didn't know about it, which I thought was weird, but I
didn't think it was important.  Since I talked to them about this on two
separate occasions, and I don't *think* it was the same person both times,
it might be a general lack of communication with their staff.  Anyway, I got
a good rate when I mentioned their web page special (1).

If this has happened to other people, it's no wonder they don't have a
single event reservation!

That's an excellent point.  Matthew, can you talk to the hotel about
this?  They're offering a better price ($119 weekdays, $149 weekends)
via the website than they offered you for the special room rate!  I
don't think that's fair at all!

--Bill.