 Events / BricksWest / 114
Re: UPDATE! (to: URGENT! BricksWest Lodging Question...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 23:31:10 GMT

"Matthew Gerber" <matthew@digitaliris.com> writes:
In lugnet.events.brickswest, William R. Ward writes:
I just called, and they said $160/night.  "We have a signed contract"
blah blah blah.  Please nag them to inform the reservation desk of
this change.

Nagging complete...should be OK now <crossing fingers>

It is, though they wouldn't give me the $119 for the non-weekend days.
It is $149 per night for the entire time (I reserved Friday through
Tuesday, though I might change my mind and leave Monday instead).

Golf tournament?  This is the first I've heard of this.  Did you know
there was another event that weekend in the area?  Telling us about
that sooner would probably have helped the Cause...

How?

I worked a contract reserving an entire hotel for this...it's only now,
since reservations were either low for real, or falsly low due to folks
taking a different rate than was offered, that this is a problem.

However, to cover my butt, if the fact that there is another event that
weekend DID cause any problems to anyone, I apologize.

The golf tournament is apparently using up some of the rooms that
would otherwise have been reserved by those of us going to BricksWest
who didn't reserve our rooms yet....

--Bill.