 Events / BrickFest / 877
Re: Bill Changing Machine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 05:32:40 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Christina Hitchcock writes:
The GMU facility has a bill changer on the first floor next to the vending
machines.
It is primarily used for getting change for the on street parking meters.

How many dollars, in quarters, do you expect that you will need?

I have worked in vending several years.  I can tell you that all modern change
machines hold many hundreds of dollars worth of change when full.  Most
vending
companies do NOT fill machines to capacity at most locations.  A common amount
for a college location would be $400 weekly.

Try contacting the vending company that services the college. They may be
willing to re-fill the machine on Friday and even put in more change than
usual.  Ask nicely and tell them it is so attendees can spend more in their
vending machines--change machines do not generate income like the other
machines do.

Suz-- better make a trip to the bank before you arrive to get plenty of
quarters just in case.

__Kevin Salm__
....change machines are too heavy for me to bring one on a plane with me....