 Events / BrickFest / 731
    What hotel is everyone staying at? —Troy Cefaratti
   Just wondering which hotel everyone is planning on staying at this year. I'd like to not be the only one staying at the hotel I choose this year! Troy (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

        Re: What hotel is everyone staying at? —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) I think many people are staying at the Hilton because it's so close... it's where I WAS going to stay, but my old roomie kicked me out so I had to get a new hotel, and since I burned off most of my Hilton points over Christmas doing Orlando (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

         Re: What hotel is everyone staying at? —Scott E. Sanburn
     Larry & All, (...) Sorry, Larry, but this is the second time you referenced this on LUGNET, and this is totally false. . I did not kick you out, Tony wanted to come after we talked about sharing a room, and he said he could sleep on the floor. (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

        Re: What hotel is everyone staying at? —Adrian Drake
     (...) I'd advise the Hilton, Troy. Bram and I are splitting a room there, as well as a lot of other people, I suspect. Speaking of which, are you guys going to be renting a van to get there? I may be in need of a little extra storage space. It's (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

         Re: What hotel is everyone staying at? —Frank Filz
     (...) I'll have to look into the prices. The past two years we stayed at the Comfort Inn which seemed reasonably priced and reasonably convenient. Actually, I think I may have looked at the Hilton last year and bagged it because they charged for (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

         Re: What hotel is everyone staying at? —James Trobaugh
      I stayed at the Hilton last year and it was a nice place , but Frank is right, the parking was a bit expensive. I did find that AAA had good rates for the Hilton, so I guess that offset the parking cost. I did enjoy the fact that it was with in (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

        Re: What hotel is everyone staying at? —Troy Cefaratti
   OK, looks like the Hilton it is.... So, whats the best rate anyone has gotten out of them? I can get $89/night if I stay Thurs - Mon. We'd like to come in a day earlier, but that jumpts the room rate up to $161/night!! Crazy. This is off the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

        Re: What hotel is everyone staying at? —Mike Walsh
    "Troy's Surplus Lego" <legosales@tcphoto.net> wrote in message news:Gx5xr8.H6L@lugnet.com... (...) $89/night (...) jumpts (...) and (...) [ ... snipped ... ] That is not unusual for a business hotel (which almost all Hilton Hotels are). Usually the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

        Re: What hotel is everyone staying at? —Frank Filz
   (...) It was nice that the Grand Pacific Palisades in Carlsbad just automatically had the rate change. I bet if you call the hotel directly, you can negotiate a rate which gives the business rate for the one night, and the lower rate for the other (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

        Re: What hotel is everyone staying at? —Troy Cefaratti
   Yeah, I had thought about doing just that (checking out and checking back in). But looking to get the rates for JUST wednesday night, it jumps up to $269! I guess they want to be sure to get their money! Oh well, i'll have to call and work something (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

        Re: What hotel is everyone staying at? —Kevin Salm
   I am happy to announce that I am all set to attend BrickFest 2002. My travel itenerary is in place, my conference registration is complete, and I have just confirmed my hotel room reservation. I will be staying at the Arlington Hilton & Towers. So (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)