 Events / BrickFest / 4006
Re: Space Complete! At the Classic Space Fly In...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2007 19:26:07 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Brian Darrow wrote:
Matthew,
I just finished looking at some of the pictures of this display and it was
awesome!  What a beautiful way to show off your collection's of classic LEGO
space sets.
Tell me more about all those little red markers...FANTASTIC!
Kudos to all involved,
Brian Darrow

As Tommy explained, he did the markers.  They were my idea - I didn't want a big
MOC card type thing to distract from the display, but I wanted some sort of
marker that would identify each set.  Tommy and I worked out the details, and
they turned out great.  We had a local sponsor (The Bank of Oswego) pick up the
cost of the slopes for us.

There was some discussion about keeping the markers around for a future Space
Complete event, but we decided that everyone who brought sets would bring home
the markers that came with their sets as souviniers.  If someone wants to try
Space Complete again they can make more markers - maybe in a different color to
differentiate the future event from this one.

One thing I don't like about MOC areas is that there tends to end up being so
many MOC cards that it gets really distracting.  Plus half of them end up being
printed on paper instead of cardstock and are flopping over.  Some sort of
smaller engraved brick marker like these would be great in an MOC area - you
could use different colors for different areas, or just different number
schemes.  If you just set out numbered markers and have a small card with the
creator's and creation's name it would be much less cluttered.  Anyone who wants
more info can contact the creator, and for voting on MOCs it would be a simple
matter of writing down the correct number.

My 2 cents from learning for this experience.  I want to see Pirate Complete and
Castle Complete now!  Plus Technic Complete and maybe Star Wars Complete.  And
Town Complete (at least through the early 90's) would be an incredible layout!

-Matt :)