 Events / BrickFest / 4005
Re: Space Complete! At the Classic Space Fly In...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2007 18:54:01 GMT

Tommy,
I thought you might be behind those beautiful little markers.
Thanks for sharing your talent with AFOL community.
Brian

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tommy Armstrong" <tfa@brickengraver.com>
To: <lugnet.events.brickfest@lugnet.com>; <lugnet.space@lugnet.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 11:21 PM
Subject: Re: Space Complete! At the Classic Space Fly In...

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Brian Darrow wrote:
Matthew,
I just finished looking at some of the pictures of this display and it
was
awesome!  What a beautiful way to show off your collection's of classic
LEGO
space sets.
Tell me more about all those little red markers...FANTASTIC!
Kudos to all involved,
Brian Darrow

I will take partial credit for the neat little slope markers with the set
number
and year engraved on them and the logo on the 1x2 caps. Matt came up with
idea
and even designed me a jig/vise (out of LEGO of course) so could do them
on my
machine. I had wanted to do something like that for years for my mineral
specimens, but never could figure out how until he came up with the jig.
Eliminates big cards that clutter up the display, IMHO.Problem was that
slopes
come with a texture, so had to figure out how to get rid of it and make
them
smooth. I understand now that the new molds for slopes will be smooth.

Tommy Armstrong
www.brickengraver.com