 Events / BrickFest / 3342 (-20)
  Announcing the first BrickJournal Contest...

BrickFest™ has become a major event in the AFOL community, with hundreds of attendees coming each year and the number of visitors growing each year. BrickJournal will be celebrating BrickFest 2005 with articles and photos from the displays and the (...) (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.people, lugnet.publish.brickjournal, FTX) !!

  Re: Brickfest Pneumatic Master and new Pneumatic Gate Circuits

(...) (SNIP) Oops! I forgot to post the jpg links rather than the item links, since it's a while since I posted stuff! That's what comes of doing too many exhibitions! The AND etc... gates are dual no-leak bidirectional gates that perform the (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Flex tube (was: Brickfest Pneumatic Master ...)

(...) I've seen the white "Plastruct" tubing at model railway shows and in hobby shops, but it costs 35p for about 12", which is too short and too expensive (considering my 5.5p/piece average Lego price, including railway stuff), even when bought in (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  My Thank You's (long)

This is my list of friends who I'd like to thank for making my trip to BrickFest a joy again this year. This is not a complete list and there are no favorites. If you didn't make the list, dummy me either forgot to add you or forgot your name (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest) !

  Re: Brickfest Pneumatic Master and new Pneumatic Gate Circuits

In lugnet.technic, Mark Bellis wrote: [SNIP] (...) Well, I think people were pretty impressed with pneumatics at BrickFest! I've been contacted already by people who want to use pneumatics in their non-technic MOCs. We are fortunate to have a (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Flex tube (was: Brickfest Pneumatic Master ...)

(...) Hi Mark, not sure what LEGO flex tubes are made of, but I've had good results with 1/8" polystyrene model makers tubing which comes in 24" lengths in most hobby shops. It's white, so you can paint it to the colour you want. It's slightly less (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest Pneumatic Master and competitions

(...) Many people shy away from "competition". I'm pretty sure Kevin is always trying to make the best creations he can. Not because he wants to be better than you or me, but he just loves making cool stuff. Actually, Kevin's not a good competitor. (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest Pneumatic Master and new Pneumatic Gate Circuits

(...) I mean "competition" in jest, since we are a community learning from each other. I do feel a bit tucked away out of sight in the UK. It seems that only the US is currently big enough to attract enough attention from TLG. I'm also trying to (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest

(...) Nothing to apologize about - Gus was out there "on his own" because we wanted to make sure everybody *elses* modules got in. Gus has been videoed before. The only thing I wanted a video of with respect to that was the amazed looks on so many (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest Photo Gallery Online

(...) Brickshelf folder of my photos from BrickFest2005: (URL) -dw (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest Photo Gallery Online

(...) ...aaaaaaand once more, this time as I wipe the egg off my face... I've just been informed that my ISP has throttled the max size of email attachments to 8MB - that's new and unexpected. Anyone who has sent a large email attachment that (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest

(...) I taped the entire loop Saturday starting from my pirate ship. I forgot to tape Gus (sorry, Brian!) and the train unloading itself into the module just after Gus. The module layout on the high-maintenance side of the table changed after my (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest

(...) ... (...) I didn't know you cared. :) Actually, it went very, very well. It was more successful than we expected. I hope to write something up, but right now I'm just trying to relax. If anyone has good video, I'd like to take a look at it. I (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest winner Pneumatic Master

(...) I'm not that big a fan of head to head competition. I think that every person who brings a MOC is a winner, as are those who don't. One thing to note is that Steve Hassenplug, that genious robotics/techic guy (who is also great to be around in (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest

(...) Well, Steve may have more infomation coming, but for now... It Went Terrific!! We had more than 40 modules built by 30+ builders in a rectangular layout serviced by two trains running in one loop with (at one point) eight loading & unloading (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  My BrickFest Thanks

General Impressions - What a blast! Man, fans of the brick RULE!!! So glad to see so many of you again, meet some new faces, touch base with "old faces" and get to know many of you better. Although BrickFest is wonderful, it is nice to return home, (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.build.vignette)

  BrickFest coverage in Seattle and Dallas

A story about BrickFest made it to the second page of the Seattle Times featuring a picture of the Taj Mahal (8/16/05). Also, a brief story ran on the news in Dallas according to my family, there. Ashley Glennon (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest

(...) well???? tick tick tick what happened? can i see the GBC in "da books yet" how did it go? Chris (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  my first BF - I had a blast

Thanks to all who made me feel so welcome at my first BF. I especially want to thank Kevin Clague, who calming presence kept me from going ballistic when I learned we couldn't disassemble the instruction books for the timed 8421 crane build. But we (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest2005 - Photos From Thursday Night Set-up

Hey All, Well, I finally joined the Digital Media Age (DMA?) this year when my wife and I purchased a digital camera. Well I brought it to BrickFest2005, along with Marvin. Marvin and I went to 'snapping' pictures of just about everything and (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact