 Events / BrickFest / 3329
Re: Brickfest winner Pneumatic Master
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 13:54:20 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Mark Bellis wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
(SNIP)
In lugnet.technic, Nathan Bell wrote:
Congratulations to Kevin Clague who won best technic MOC and most
intriguing MOC!!!!   He got two Technic awards and got a free Technic crane.
Mr Christyatsen (who was there for the first time) gave him the new title of
Pnuematic master!

pneumatic master.....truth, truth and nothing but the truth!!!

When Kjeld make this statement I got goose bumps.  I still do when I think about
it.

(SNIP)

Kevin

Congratulations Kevin, well deserved!

Of course the pressure's on now to stay at the top.  Wish I could make it across
the pond to Brickfest to give you some extra competition! :-)

I'm not that big a fan of head to head competition.  I think that every person
who brings a MOC is a winner, as are those who don't.

One thing to note is that Steve Hassenplug, that genious robotics/techic guy
(who is also great to be around in general), did not have any MOCs in the
technic room.  He did have some non-GBC MOCs in the GBC room, though.  This
opened the door for my sweep.

I appreciate the recognition that "Best" and "Most Intriguing" give, but yet,
there were 20-30 great MOCs in the technic room, yet only a few got general
recognition at the group meeting.  As I was walking up to get my two awards, I
immediatly thought of Nathan and Cale and their great MOCs, that didn't get
group recognition.  We all like to be appreciated.

I'd rather see something like "Crowd Favorites", and allow for maybe 5 crowd
favorites, without any indication of most favorite.  This allows special
recognition without such specific things like "Best".

Mark, you build great MOCs using advanced pneumatic design techniques.  While it
is human nature to feel a bit of rivalry, more than anything it positively
inspires me to build and learn.  I'm always striving to push my own knowledge
and learn new things.  In looking at your designs, and understand where you're
coming from, I learn new things, and get a broader understanding of pneumatics,
mechanics and physics.

Your building, Pixel's building, Mark Tarrabain's creations, and most recently
Siggurd's creations provide me with a lot of inspiration.

If you wanted, your MOCs could possibly be entered in abscentia I think.  You
could send them to me, and I could take them to Brickfest.

Many, times AFOLs said, "It is hard to appreciate these technic models from
pictures.  Seeing them in action makes all difference".

[SNIP]

Mark

Kevin