 Events / BrickFest / 3336
Re: Brickfest Pneumatic Master and competitions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 20:13:23 GMT

On Wed, August 17, 2005 2:33 pm, Mark Bellis wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Mark Bellis wrote:
Of course the pressure's on now to stay at the top.  Wish I could make it across
the pond to Brickfest to give you some extra competition! :-)

I'm not that big a fan of head to head competition.  I think that every person
who brings a MOC is a winner, as are those who don't.

I mean "competition" in jest, since we are a community learning from each other.

Many people shy away from "competition".  I'm pretty sure Kevin is always trying to
make the best creations he can.  Not because he wants to be better than you or me,
but he just loves making cool stuff.

Actually, Kevin's not a good competitor.  If you'll listen, he'll tell or show you
every secret he has.  How does he expect to win with an attitude like that?  I'm
sure he'll say something like "we all win when we share ideas"...  bla bla...  :)

No, really.  I think it's pretty cool what Kevin does, and how he shares all his
information.

Another thing I thought was pretty cool was how Phil & David Schilling were building
robots at BrickFest.  They had entries for ALL the robotic events.  Can't say the
guys from "SMART" didn't participate.

Steve