 Events / BrickFest / 3341
Re: Brickfest Pneumatic Master and new Pneumatic Gate Circuits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:11:41 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Mark Bellis wrote:

[SNIP]

Here are the pneumatic gate circuits I promised you:
AND / OR / NAND / NOR gate:

XOR / XNOR gate:

I can't wait until they are viewable to compare AND gates.  SSC1 ended up using
my design of that.  If mine differs, I'll post it too.

(SNIP)

Oops!  I forgot to post the jpg links rather than the item links, since it's a
while since I posted stuff!  That's what comes of doing too many exhibitions!

The AND etc... gates are dual no-leak bidirectional gates that perform the
function of a full electronic logic gate.  They're not designed to be for gating
four leg positions, for which I'd use 1 switch per leg, daisy-chained.

Would you like to work together on pneumatic documentation styles for Brick
Journal?  I will be writing for Brick Journal both on CAD and MOCs.

Kevin

Sounds good.  I've applied standard electronic circuit diagram techniques to my
pneumatic drawings, such as avoiding too many crossovers.  I hope my use of flex
tubing also helps, especially where tubes cross.  Having said that, the gate
circuits have a lot of overlaps because they are complex circuits with multiple
parallel paths.  Have fun tracing the air paths in 1-0 or 0-1 settings!

Do you have Visio at all?  If so I could send you a template of the parts.  It
makes it nice and quick to draw complex circuits, without having to worry about
objects snapping to studs etc...  I can just draw a new part if I need one.  I
drew the hand pump today for basic circuits that I'll post soon, not being used
to using one for my MOCs!

Perhaps you could add your walkers to this BrickWiki page:
http://brickwiki.zapto.org/index.php/Pneumatics

Mark