 Events / BrickFest / 3339
3338  |  3340
Subject:
My Thank You's (long)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:08:12 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

This is my list of friends who I'd like to thank for making my trip to
BrickFest a joy again this year.  This is not a complete list and there are
no favorites.  If you didn't make the list, dummy me either forgot to add
you or forgot your name (doh!), just blame it on the Janey drinks:

Christina and Stephanie, what a cute team.  I'd love to be locked in a room
with you two for a week...  *waits for Leah to smack me*.  Seriously though,
you girls did a wonderful job of keeping everything from getting out of
hand.  You and the other volunteers are really why us LEGOheads can enjoy a
weekend such as BrickFest.  Hoorah!

OK, enough day dreaming.  On to the rest of the list:

Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen!  You are an awesome, awesome man.  Thank you for
being my "dad" all these years!  LEGO!  World's greatest toy!
Jorgen Vig Knudstorp.  You're family values and the way you interact with
your children and other children are amazing.  You are obviously the best
choice for CEO of LEGO.
Eric Varszegi.  Master builder indeed.  Thanks for the kind words.  I look
forward to working with you on future ventures.
Jake McKee.  You have a great way of being a true friend and a great LEGO
dude...  Keep it up. :)
Steve Witt.  Super Intern!  It was great hanging out with you all weekend.
I hope you go far in the LEGO company.  Keep in touch.
Joe Meno, Geoff Gray, Jim Foulds.  If everyone on your team has the same
compassion for Brick Journal as you guys, I know it will go far and be
prosperous!  I'm in...
Jim (again) and Maelee Foulds.  Leah and I loved spending time with you two.
You are very special people indeed.  Jim, she's a keeper. :)
John Barnes.  Without your 'above and beyond' friendship and help, I would
never have kept doing the things I do with the brick.  I would have probably
given up by now and found a new hobby.  Thank you, from the bottom of my
heart for being a true frind.
Ralph Hempel.  Wow.  I got to meet Ralph Hempel. :)  Had a great time being
your groupie.  Hope I didn't bother you too much. :P
Felix Greco.  What can I say, you're Felix!  Keep doing exactly whatever it
is that you do, because it works!
Ashley Glennon.  You're always so polite and go beyond being a normal friend
to everyone.  Thanks for the stamp too!  Hope to see you in Arkansas
occassionally.
Larry Pieniazek.  I know I give you a hard time (all in good fun), but you
are an ass.ett to the LEGO community.  The only way your jokes could have
been funnier is if you hadn't told them... :P
Steve Barile.  Thank you for your concerns about Leah having fun.  She
actaully had more fun at Rocklands than the fest.  I can understand that
coming from a NLSO.  She's a real trooper for sticking with me through all
the LEGO blah blah blah over the years!  Thanks for giving her the Modulex
keychain.
Didier Enjary, Jean-Louis Bergamo and families.  Thanks for allowing me to
be a member of one of the best LEGO communities on the planet and thanks for
coming all the way from France to join the festivities!
Jude Beaudin.  (Expletives intenionally left out)!  Had a blast. JLUG!
Janey Cook.  Micro rocked so hard!  Your dollhouse was awesome!  Thanks for
the drinks and sorry I didn't let you out bid me (I was in "class" during
the auction).  Does that make me the WUSS this year?
Dan and Jennifer Boger.  Peeron, enough said.  I had a great time talking to
you two over the course of the weekend.  Keep up the great work and I'll see
you at the next Fest.
Deborah Higdon.  Thanks for the kind words regarding Rudolph.  It was a
pleasure putting a face with a name finally!
Steve Hassenplug.  You rock.  Your mechanical skills with technic and
Mindstorms is mindboggling, even when you don't use an RCX!
Kevin Clague.  pnuematics deity.  I have a hard enough time making LEGO
creations walk with mtors, much less pnuematics!  Thanks for being a great
friend.  Keep in touch.
Lenny Hoffman.  You need professional help!  But of course you knew that
already.  Thanks for your help and encouraging words with my present and
future space MOCs.
Chris Giddens and your brother Mark Sandlin.  You two dudes are one of the
main reasons I want to do Space!  You have great minds that think alike
(twisted) and that's just it takes to be a professional nutcase.  Thanks for
allowing me into your world, wherever that is.  SPACE MODS!
Adrian Drake.  Thanks for your help with my micro moonbase and just being a
cool guy in general.
The rest of the Space kadets.  Thanks for not having a lot of bureaucratics
like some other themes have been having nowadays.  Remember, just build and
have fun.
Pierre Normandin.  Trains!  Thank you for working with me and MSLTC at the
last minute to provide us the necessary tables and room needed for our
layout.  The train layout looked sweet!
Rick and Luanne Sellers.  Thanks for coming all the way from Arkansas so
Leah and I wouldn't be the only MSLTC members present!
Greg Hyland.  You have talent.  Wish I could draw half as good as you.  You
make the retarded comic book junkie come out in all of us! :P
Kelly McKiernan.  Congrats on out-modding me this year!  I thought I had it
sowed up with the self contained operating traffic lights, but your Stargate
rocked!  Thanks for being the webguru of choice for BrickFest.
Scott Lyttle.  Another great friend.  You are a joy to be around.  Thanks
for all you do for the LEGO community and thanks for the personal touch you
put on that "duty".
Nick Kappatos.  I always enjoy conversation with you.  It's always nice to
have friends you can talk to, no matter what the topic is.
Kevin Salm.  Brrick Bazaar! or is that Bizarre?  Anyway, another great year.
I hope everyone's store was successful.
Suzanne Green/Rich.  Welcome back!!!!!!  Kick your shoes off and stay a
while!
Anton Raves.  Wow!  Anton Raves was there.  How cool is that!
Eric Sophie.  Thanks for not coming!                   Kidding!  Where were
you?
Tom Stangl.  Yet another great friend.  enjoyed talking with you.
Todd Thuma.  Dang it Todd, you didn't show!  Real life more important than
340 of your closest friends and LEGO?  You have issues!
Lewis Valentine (and son) [or is it (and dad)?].  You two are the most
polite good old southern folks I know.  I enjoy seeing you year after year.
It must be nice to have a father and son bond as strong as yours.
Jeff Van Winden.  Glad you could get ewt and abewt to see Leah and I again
this year.  See ya next year, eh?
Robin Werner.  You're always so nice and helpful.  Your Brickfest duties
kept you too busy to hang out, but I had fun at Rocklands.

And last but definetely not least:

Leah Hendrix.  Thanks for for being the love of my life and the inspiration
behind my creativity.  Your support for me during this extended childhood
really helps me cope with the stress of everyday life while I try to provide
the love, nurturing, and caring you plainly deserve.  I know sometimes its
hard putting up with me and my antics, but thank you from the deepest parts
of my heart.  Thank you for being my wife, my companion, my best friend.

I *know* I missed some of you and I apologize.  I can't remember everyone!
It was all a blur!  Must have been the long nights at Rocklands!

Looking forward to providing new mods for your MOCs soon!

Rob Hendrix
www.brickmodder.net

PS - Thanks to everyone that attended.  And thanks for not asking about the
old shiner!  That in its self proves that I have hundreds of true friends.