 Events / BrickFest / 3176
  BrickFest is less then one month away!

BrickFest 2005 Washington, DC AUGUST 12-14 You don't want to miss the Best Three Days of LEGO fandom! 30 days from today, Pre-Registration ends July 27th. (URL) Build LEGO moments with new acquaintances, meet community members from all over the (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.build, lugnet.events, lugnet.people, FTX) !!

  BrickFest for kids?

My 4-year-old is very into LEGO, and has in the past spent most of a couple of days studying layouts by the NILTC and neighboring clubs. I'm planning to go to BrickFest, so my question is: should I bring my 4-year-old? I'm sure he'd enjoy looking at (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest for kids?

Joe, I've been to BrickFest several times. I wouldn't take my 4 1/2 yr old son, mostly because I know even though he loves LEGO, three days is too much for him. Also, if you're busy keeping track of your son, you'll miss some of the other fun. (and (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest for kids?

(...) For a 4-year old, the Sunday general admission time should be adequate time to satisfy their thirst for LEGO. Keep in mind that BrickFest is a hands-off event for the most part and, as you can see, there are no activities or events planned for (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  plan your lodging! [was: BrickFest is less then one month away!]

(...) [snip] (...) If you're anything like me, you didn't think about planes and hotels till about now. I made my reservations, but if you haven't, I thought I'd just toss out a friendly reminder because it says here: (URL) Hilton discount (of like, (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jul-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: plan your lodging! [was: BrickFest is less then one month away!]

(...) The Hilton has extended the BrickFest discount a few more days. I'll update the website as soon as I get conformation from them as to how long it will be available. They added 8 more rooms for Friday and Saturday to the room reservation block. (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jul-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  MOC card forms

Hey! OK, less than a month to go, I can hardly wait! As a theme room coordinator I'd just like to add a friendly reminder to all attendees, to please fill out your MOC card forms in advance - it makes it so much easier for us to anticipate space and (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jul-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle, FTX) !

  Re: BrickFest for kids?

(...) My 4-year-old may be unusual; at a NILTC show last year, he spent about 6 hours on Saturday (with a break for lunch) and another 3 hours on Sunday studying the layouts. So did I, for that matter – there was a lot to see. But your point may be (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jul-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest for kids?

(...) Thanks, this is good feedback. Now I have to see if I can talk my brother into keeping Kevin while I go to the events on Friday and Saturday... Best, – Joe (19 years ago, 14-Jul-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)