 Events / BrickFest / 3184
Re: BrickFest for kids?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 21:06:57 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Kevin Salm wrote:

   For a 4-year old, the Sunday general admission time should be adequate time to satisfy their thirst for LEGO. Keep in mind that BrickFest is a hands-off event for the most part and, as you can see, there are no activities or events planned for young children.

I have attended several train shows with my LEGO club and I can tell you that 45 minutes to an hour is plenty of time for a 4-year old to enjoy the LEGO that he can only look-at-but-not-touch. After that, the fun is gone and a youngsters frustration will emerge.

My 4-year-old may be unusual; at a NILTC show last year, he spent about 6 hours on Saturday (with a break for lunch) and another 3 hours on Sunday studying the layouts. So did I, for that matter – there was a lot to see.

But your point may be valid anyway; perhaps Sunday admission is enough.

   One alternative is the LEGOLAND parts which are designed for children as the primary audience.

Yes, we used to live in San Diego and had season passes. He’d spend the whole day looking at the New York City layout if we didn’t tear him away to go see other things! (Not that I agree that children are the primary audience there – the layouts have just as much to offer ALEs.)

Thanks,
- Joe