 Events / BrickFest / 2816
Re: Organized photography?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 00:32:44 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Tommy Armstrong volunteered:
   I have a small mini-studio that I could bring for individual pics ...

Cool. I was going to suggest this, but thanks for beating me to it. My overambitious idea was that every MOC could get a “yearbook photo” taken, possibly during check-in, as a more-than-a-MOC-card standardized record of the ‘Fest. And it now appears that BF-DC-04 is officially documenting itself on DVD, and is looking for footage.

I’ve volunteered because I know my digicam (an Olympus Camedia C-700) takes excellent brick photos. Sure, it’s three years old with “only” 2 megapixels, but that’s fine for close-up work; and it has a 10x optical zoom. (Supposedly it also has a manual-focus macro mode, but it seems not to operate quite as the docs claim.)

Nice-to-haves: Also, is anyone bringing a laptop with photo-editing software (even rudimentary)? It would be useful to (a) back up the images (USB) and (b) to review the pics at greater than 1.5 inches in case replacements need be taken. Alternatively, the Olympus has a TV-out cable. And further, does anyone have a tethered PC-cam? They’re typically limited to 640x480, but the C-700 is too bulky to fit down narrow alleys.