 Events / BrickFest / 2813
Re: Organized photography?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 20:07:46 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Tommy Armstrong wrote:

I have a small mini-studio that I could bring for individual pics if it would be useful. Gives a nice graded background and can use poster board or fabric on it.

Tommy Armstrong

Hey Tommy, et. al.

What do you use as far as cameras/lenses? I’m having a devil of a time with depth of field in (obviously macro) shots of my MOCs. It’s so frustrating because I know if I just had my trusty view camera all would be fine. All I need is a wee bit of tilt. :)

Do you guys/gals just crank it to F64 and hope for the best? Or do you just live with the microscopic plane of focus?

Anyone try those tilt/shift lenses from the Ukraine? I’m seriously tempted, but don’t want to throw $400 down a hole to Kiev. OTOH I’ve just spent several days of my life working on a tiny plastic car, so I guess everything is relative..

Darrell