 Events / BrickFest / 2797
  Organized photography?

Those of us who've attended BrickFests past know that much shutterbugging transpires, as hundreds of attendees try to record the fiddly genius of thousands of bricks. But don't you just hate the prosaic, non-plastic background when it intrudes into (...) (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Organized photography?

(...) I have a small mini-studio that I could bring for individual pics if it would be useful. Gives a nice graded background and can use poster board or fabric on it. Tommy Armstrong (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Organized photography?

(...) Hi Philip, I would be very interested in borrowing your black fabric from you for a few photos of my own in the Space room. Thanks! -Grand Admiral .space Curator (URL) (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Organized photography?

(...) Anybody want to bring 13 feet of a nice clean backdrop for, um, something that I'm bringing along? Yeah, I suspected not. Rats. Adrian (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Organized photography?

(...) You could try to photograph it in the men's room at Rocklands - someone did a nice .space tribute in there last year. I'll help you carry the SHIP in, if you want. -nk (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Organized photography?

(...) Hey Tommy, et. al. What do you use as far as cameras/lenses? I'm having a devil of a time with depth of field in (obviously macro) shots of my MOCs. It's so frustrating because I know if I just had my trusty view camera all would be fine. All (...) (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Organized photography?

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Adrian Drake asked: (...) Thirteen feet? Ha. And my mother thought only *three* yards of fabric was overdoing it. "Some of these layouts are pretty darn big," I say (then add up the Moonbase reservations). Though I (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Organized photography?

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Tommy Armstrong volunteered: (...) Cool. I was going to suggest this, but thanks for beating me to it. My overambitious idea was that every MOC could get a "yearbook photo" taken, possibly during check-in, as a (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Organized photography?

(...) For the little studio I have, I have been using quartz halogen lighting and white balancing the digital camera to them. I could bring a couple. With proper balance they seem to give pretty good color rendition with my cooppix 5700. I have used (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Organized photography?

(...) DOF is always a problem with macro photography of course. A couple of tricks that I have found are: If you are talking of digital, you can move back, shoot at highest resolution, and then crop. Shoot at 5 meagapixels and when you crop you (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Organized photography?

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Nick Kappatos suggested: (...) Restroom -- an *uncluttered* background? Whuh? But on that topic: remember to wash your hands (including all their surfaces) for at least 19 seconds. Rocklands? SHIP? (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)