 Events / BrickFest / 2643
  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) I agree. I think the comic is great, and would love to have a copy and piles of them to give to people. But I think this one point spoils it for me. It strikes me as a snub to some very dedicated people and a large chunk of the fan community. (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) As has been discussed before, the intent of the LEGOfan site IS NOT to take away anything from any site that already exists. Rather, the purpose is to help provide a single point for people new to the community to get to all the other places (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) That's great Jake but I think you missed the point. LUGNET is now and has been the central point of LEGO fan discussion. The comic implies something different and that, to me, is where the others a coming from. That's not to say that LUGNET is (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) Not to quibble overmuch, but LUGNET is now and has been the central point for adult, English language (plus a couple of others under loc._), cross-themed-as-long...t-Bionicle discussion. Bruce (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) I agree, Lugnet is the central point of English LEGO fan discussion. I personally find the idea that we're pointing kids to a site that doesn't exist in any real sense yet ludicrous; especially if we're going to hand these out at Brickfest and (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) OK, I just reread what Jake said, and I misread it the first time. I read 'in a month' instead of 'end of the month'. Even so, I feel everything I said is still accurate to the spirit of this issue as I see it. --Anthony (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) Kids? What does this have to do with kids? AFOLs is intended as a means of reaching out to closet-AFOLs and AFOLs who are simply unaware of the magnitude of AFOL community out there. (...) If they point it to LUGNET, the 1000steine people (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) I think it would be really great if, by the time BrickFest rolled around, there was at least a table of links to other community sites at legofan.net instead of what is there now, which is nothing. Given the caliber of the people involved I (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) Um, try LEGOfan.org instead. LEGOfan.net was the proposed "community-owned site" (URL) announced> six months ago, with a domain name that was registered by Dan Boger. LEGOfan.org is the website cited in the official 1st issue of AFOLs, and was (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) Nothing there either. My comment stands. Thanks just the same, though. (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) Eh, they aren't technically late until they start handing out boxes of the comic at Brickfest. Until then we're still just looking at a "sneak preview". (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) They're late when something public points to their published URL. (URL) something public. See the last page. My comment still stands. XFUT --> lugnet.publish (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) It's posted on a privately-owned website, it doesn't appear to be directly accesible through that website's front page, it's not the intended official publication form (print vs online), it's before the official release date, and it's still (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.publish, FTX)