 Events / BrickFest / 2617 (-20)
  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

In lugnet.events.brickfest, David Laswell wrote: <snip> (...) someonesetusupthelego.com? whatyousay.com? -Orion (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) Crab? I thought it might be an airplane. (...) The grey box in the main cover panel? (...) *snigger* If I'm not mistaken, the box in the next panel is a 3807. (...) Hmm, I see your 4483 & 7470 and raise you a 6274 & 4706. I'm guessing that's (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) Presumedly because TLC has no control over LUGNET content. Of course, Bricklink was still mentioned... (...) Dan from Peeron has the .com and .net domains (neither of which go anywhere), but TLC owns LEGOfan.org. They apparently picked it up (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) Jake, you realize that you could easily go through all 10K at Comic-Con...probably on the first day, no less... I suppose you probably won't be bringing them all, so it looks like you'll have a lot of free time in San Diego! Derek (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) There's also a yellow box with what looks like a crab on the cover... hmmmm... [LEGOSet 4101] And I swear I saw the hailfire in there too... And of course the more obvious 7140 on p.4 4483 and 7470 on p.7 Man I'm very hot... (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

"Bill Ward" <bill@wards.net> wrote in message news:I0LwCI.LL8@lugnet.com... (...) shows (...) we get (...) And (...) Lugnet is mentioned in the credits, but I agree, it would be better to have Lugnet mentioned on that last page. I think there is (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) Woohoo! Hey, waitaminnit, I thought the title was going to be changed to something more non-AFOL-friendly... There was even a contest and everything. Oh well, at least the in-comic website got changed to something more immediately recognizable (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) Wow, this is great! BayLTC has a GATS coming up on July 17-18. How can we get some in time for this? Why isn't LUGNET mentioned in it? LEGOFAN.org is just a parked domain...? And since LEGOFAN.org contains the LEGO trademark, how does that (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

(...) Yes, certainly. Because of the very shoestring budget of the comic printing, I was hoping to reduce some of the shipping costs by having people pick up comics at BrickFest. But if you can't make it, then we'll certain figure something else (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events

(...) Yes, it's on the schedule at 1:00 each day. It will be a fun time for us robot/technic people to show off our stuff, in action... I plan on bring both of my Connect-Four robots, which are now able to play against each other, and/or anyone (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events

John, I have signed up for Brickfest and have hotel reservations. I'll be bringing all the MOCs I have. I really like the feeding time idea. Has anything concrete come of this? Kevin (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

Is there a way for people who are not able to attend in person to order a box of comics and some of the other items to be shipped to them? Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 BAYLUG/BAYLTC (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: ISD build record

(...) On the other hand, the Berlin builders had to fight the infamous "Berliner Luft", so I guess that evens out things a bit :P (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Pirates at BrickFest 2004

Hey folks, the castle, space, and train guys are all setting up big displays, and we only have one person besides myself indicating they are bringing pirate MOCs. If you plan to bring MOCs for general display, or for use in Evil Stevies Pirate Game, (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004 to Attempt a Sub-60 Minute ISD Record

(...) if it's on saturday i'm in. i've done this before so experince helps. as an added bonous i may be able to supply the set to build from as long as i get my parts back. ondrew (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004 to Attempt a Sub-60 Minute ISD Record

Todd- Count David and Thomas Michon in! This challenge to our LEGO-hood must not stand! -Ted (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Brikwars at Brickfest?

Hey everyone, Is there any sort of Brikwars scenario scheduled for Brickfest? If there isnt I'd be happy to help set one up. Sean (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004 to Attempt a Sub-60 Minute ISD Record

(...) Count me in. Dan BF PDX (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: AFOLs Comic book

(...) I just wanted to make a quick comment on the comic book. Check out the bottom-left picture on page 16. The AFOL on the left is showing his creation to a group of kids. Look at the expression on the face of the kid in the middle - wide eyed and (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest 2004 to Attempt a Sub-60 Minute ISD Record

(...) I worked on it last year, and I'd love to give it another go... Steve (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact