 Events / BrickFest / 1421
  Call for Participation in the Train Model Contest at BrickFest™ 2003

Call for Participation in the Train Model Contest at BrickFest™ 2003 BrickFest™ has traditionally had a number of different model contests. While the overall contests (if any) have yet to be determined, we'll be holding a model contest this year (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.build.contests, FTX) !

  Re: Call for Participation in the Train Model Contest at BrickFest™ 2003

snip (...) Might I suggest a category for engines split into 2 group’s diesel and steam/electric. OnDrew NILTC (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Call for Participation in the Train Model Contest at BrickFest™ 2003

(...) Possibly, although my leaning is to award more than one prize per category and have broader categories instead of lots and lots of categories. It all depends on how many prizes we have when we are ready to finalize. Were I dividing engines (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Call for Participation in the Train Model Contest at BrickFest™ 2003

Lar, is it possible if I have an MOC entered by someone else? I was hoping to make it but the Marines have made that impossible, So I was going to have someone going enter it for me. Josh (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Call for Participation in the Train Model Contest at BrickFest™ 2003

(...) I think you can argue both ways. IIRC it may have been allowed in the past, so there may be precedent for it, I believe. On the other hand, the prizes can be argued to be a benefit of paid attendance. If you already paid and are not seeking a (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Call for Participation in the Train Model Contest at BrickFest™ 2003

(...) Perhaps he can enter the contest, but not be eligible for the prize (a pre condition to entering)? My concern would be for those who paid and had the prize awarded to someone who didn't. Though the prizes are donated, right? It wouldn't be (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Call for Participation in the Train Model Contest at BrickFest™ 2003

(...) My thinking is that the contest is for 'fest attendees, the contest is being held at Brickfest to entertain people attending the event. It only seems fair that entries are limited to attendees. There are other contest from time to time on the (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Call for Participation in the Train Model Contest at BrickFest™ 2003

(...) These are points well-taken, so how would one note that a MOC was submitted by proxy? I will be building a MOC by a person who cannot attend (Nathan Well's Trilobite) to be placed in a diorama. Joe Meno (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Call for Participation in the Train Model Contest at BrickFest™ 2003

(...) Thats a good question, but I think currently we're only talking about the Train contest, it will be up to the other organizers to set up rules for contest in other themes.....I'm guessing that a "Trilobite" is not a train of any type. jt (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Call for Participation in the Train Model Contest at BrickFest™ 2003

(...) Oop, my mistake. However, since the Train group is first to deal with this, this group will most likely set the precedent for the other groups to follow. Joe (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Call for Participation in the Train Model Contest at BrickFest™ 2003

(...) Actually the precedent in my view, (since this is not the first year there have been contests) is what was done in previous years, and I am already checking into this to try to determine what that precedent actually is (or are, if it varied). (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Call for Participation in the Train Model Contest at BrickFest™ 2003

Well I guess I could say that I would pay for the entry (just incase I can still get there), I'd like the badge & all, & the real thought wasn't towards winning a prize, but I'd take one;). I'll register within next week... Josh (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Call for Participation in the Train Model Contest at BrickFest™ 2003

Following up: The categories have been decided, and will be as follows Rolling Stock Locomotives Structures There will also be a special "Best of Show" award. We are still seeking judge volunteers. The time needed should not be excessive, I promise. (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)