 Events / BrickFest / 1429
Re: Call for Participation in the Train Model Contest at BrickFest™ 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 20:20:32 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Josh Baakko wrote:
Lar, is it possible if I have an MOC entered by someone else?  I was hoping
to make it but the Marines have made that impossible, So I was going to have
someone going enter it for me.

I think you can argue both ways.

IIRC it may have been allowed in the past, so there may be precedent for it, I
believe. On the other hand, the prizes can be argued to be a benefit of paid
attendance. If you already paid and are not seeking a refund (perhaps you want
the badge) it's a no brainer...

but if not... Consider these thought experiments:
- How would you feel if you won, but then were denied the prize because you
weren't an attendee? Not so good.
- How would you feel if you were forced to pay for registration even though you
weren't going, just so you could enter, but then you didn't win anything? Also
not so good.
- How would someone else feel if you won, after entering for free, and their
model came in third (in a two prize contest) and they paid to be there? Also not
so good.

So I dunno. Let us seek consensus. I do not think it is my place to decide this
in a vacuum. If there definitely is a precendent I would prefer to stick to it,
whichever way it went.