 Events / BrickFest / 1424
Re: Call for Participation in the Train Model Contest at BrickFest™ 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 04:59:53 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
   snip
   There will be a number of categories (driven by the anticipated number of entries and available prizes) but we anticipate at least the following categories:
  • best overall (a public vote will be included in this, percentage TBD, if practical)
  • best rolling stock
  • best structure or accessory
  • best overall scene

Might I suggest a category for engines split into 2 group’s diesel and steam/electric.

Possibly, although my leaning is to award more than one prize per category and have broader categories instead of lots and lots of categories. It all depends on how many prizes we have when we are ready to finalize.

Were I dividing engines out, I must say, I’d put steam in one, and diesel with electric in the other as they are more similar to each other than to steam.