 Events / BrickFest / 1372
  Re: BRICKFEST MOONBASE (follow-up count)

(...) worth of (...) the (...) sig (...) I have a pile of monorail track as well, and will most likely be bringing it. Is there any standard for integrating monorail into moonbase? I recall that there was talk of it, but don't know if it ever (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: BRICKFEST MOONBASE (follow-up count)

(...) No, there's no standard as of yet, but that could be one of the things we discuss. To be honest, I'm not sure what a standard would involve. As long as it has room to zoom around and a place for figs to get on and off of it, I would think (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: BRICKFEST MOONBASE (follow-up count)

(...) long as (...) would (...) I was thinking along the lines of a standard height and placement for the track within the module, so that it would hookup with track from adjacent modules without problem. I'm not even sure if this is possible with (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: BRICKFEST MOONBASE (follow-up count)

(...) I think the NWBrickCON guys just had the monorail track set to a height of two of the large black pedestal pieces. Add a slope to get it down to one height and build the monorail at that level, i'd think. That seems to be good enough of a (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: BRICKFEST MOONBASE (follow-up count)

(...) I agree, if there's a concern about fitting the rails past the station module we can just configure the modules accordingly. Either way, Troy, it would be great if you brought a station. We'll make it work! Felix (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: BRICKFEST MOONBASE (follow-up count)

(...) At NW BrickCon we had monorail track at +0, +10, and +20 (and even a small amount at +30 I think). +20 was necessary to clear most modules since it turns out it's easiest to just run the track whereever. However, if a station is actually built (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: BRICKFEST MOONBASE (follow-up count)

(...) David Wegmuller worked out a standard last summer that I think should be adopted. See (URL) and the ensuing thread. --Bill. (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Moonbase Monorail standards (was: BRICKFEST MOONBASE)

(...) We used that standard at NWBrickCon and it worked great. The example picture he gaved essentially used a 8-stud grid that has track lying along borders between bases. But that particular example aimed to keep most straight lines on the 16-stud (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: Moonbase Monorail standards (was: BRICKFEST MOONBASE)

(...) Oops, sorry about that, you're right. The point I think I was making though is that David Wegmuller's standard is actually more strict than really necessary. The reality is that most of the track we laid was in different positions. I agree (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: Moonbase Monorail standards (was: BRICKFEST MOONBASE)

(...) One thing I'll add - since a huge collection is not necessary, I won't plan on bringing lots of track, however, I may decide to bring along my bag of 8 stud track lengths since depending on just how large a track collection we have, they may (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)