 Events / BrickFest / *868 (-20)
  Re: Space Outing at BFest

(...) In another post someone mentioned tax dollars paying for these museums. I would just like to point out that though the US government HELPS pay for these excellent museums, The Smithsonian Institution is not a government agency and is supported (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Info about Space Lunch (was: Re: Space Outing at BFest)

Ok, here's a proposal. _Space Lunch_ Day: Saturday of Brickfest Time: As soon as the Lego Direct presentation is done *crosses fingers for space Legend* Finish: Hopefully in the lunch hour given, although it'd probably be better to budget an hour (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: 12v Trains at BrickFest! - 8 days and closing!

Re-posting for wider audience: FUT: lugnet.trains.org Frank 8 days to BrickFest! I don't think I'll get a track plan made up ahead of time, but I think it will be fun to develop a track plan when we get there (and expand if some of the track doesn't (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

Todd, As you can see from my Brickshelf directory from last years' Brickfest ( (URL) ) I took alot of pictures at the event. I tried to get every model, but I'm sure that I missed some. I also tried to take pictures of as many of the attendees and (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

Ah, yes...the giant glass ceiling...and the very odd pit-of-bathrooms over to one side. Never figured that one out... (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

(...) Hmm, this leads to an idea: MOC Studio. Set up a designated area where people with quality photographic equipment like you can take pictures of people's models. The model owner would have to cooperate by moving it to your location. Then you (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: Traveling from airport to the fest

(...) Go to www.supershuttle.com. The will pick you up at the airport and deliver you to your hotel. They will give you a price when you make your reservation. It is usually cheaper than a taxi. >> Mark << (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

(...) Last year, there were plenty of times when the display rooms were quiet, and an involved photo-session would be unlikely to disturb anyone. If you want to get really detailed shots of someone's creation, it might be a good idea to make (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

(...) Ya, flashes aren't really needed much anymore with modern digital cameras... but using a flash can still make a difference -- especially with a CCD-based digital camera. CMOS imaging chips don't suffer from the same "snowy pixel" effects that (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

"Troy's Surplus Lego" <legosales@tcphoto.net> wrote in message news:Gz2pou.J2z@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) There are no admission fees at any of the Smithsonian Museums. In fact, a lot of things in DC are free. The National Zoo is also free. All (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:Gz1Lv4.3uF@lugnet.com... (...) All I remember is paying alot of money for food I didn't like eating at my High School cafeteria, and being blinded by the sun coming through the all (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Need a Roommate?

Could those of you that are still looking for a roommate please contact me @ info@brickfest.com Christina Hitchcock BrickFest 2002 (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

(...) Not specifically BF, but generally.... (...) yes,yes (...) yes,depends (see below),no (...) generally fine, long as its not derogatory or anything. (...) no (...) Depends on the show. Generally I'd prefer this not to be done at a show. (...) (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

(...) Yes. Yes. If I were going to Brickfest (and I'm not, sniff), I would be bringing things for public display. (...) Yes. No. No. On this last, I have no idea why someone is taking pictures--maybe they're just into trains and so they don't care (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: Traveling from airport to the fest

Cab fair should be $10 to $15 but they will charge you for luggage. If you chose to take the Metro you will want to get on the blue line to Rosylin (5 stops) switch to the orange line traveling toward Vianna /Fairfax and travel for 4 stops to the (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Traveling from airport to the fest

Does anyone know what cab fare would be, approximately, from Reagan-National to Brickfest (more specifically, to the Hilton)? Could anyone describe a few details on how to take Metro from Reagan? (like number of transfers, costs, methods of travel- (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Call for automated 9v train switches at Brickfest 2002

I think it would also be nice to collect as much as possible links to automated point MOC projects on a single reference page. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

(...) Ideally I'd like to take 2-5 minutes. 10-20 minutes would be toward the extreme. The last thing I want to do is get in the way, so you shoo me away at any time if that happens -- my stuff is pretty portable. My lighting is just a pair of (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  The Brickelodeon Theatre and Performing Arts Center

The City of Brickmond is proud to announce the completion of its latest public works project: The Brickelodeon Theatre and Performing Arts Center. The Brickelodeon is an outdoor venue that will alternate between various brickmation programs and (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.us.richlug, lugnet.animation, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

(...) Depends on the situation. I have never been to a BrickFest but I did go to BricksWest. I won't be at BrickFest this year, either. :-( (...) Yes. (...) Yes. (...) A snapshot, no. An involved set up picture, that involves moving things around (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact