 Events / BrickFest / *2113 (-20)
  Share Your Moonbase Module Construction Images!

Use this thread to share images of the Moonbase Modules you are building. (You building new Moonbase Modules, right?) To kick it off: (URL) This is a shot of the 2 SuperModules that Gary McIntire and I are working on. We plan on having them next to (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Micro Moonbase Standard (was Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!)

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message news:HrIyFx.1DCu@lugnet.com... <snip lots to think about> The only thing about the 16x16 baseplates that bothers me is most of them are in green. It's very hard to get these in gray and somewhat (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space)

  Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

(...) Putting some pressure on me to do that translation huh? I'll get to work. (and for those of you who don't want to wait, here's the write-up from that meeting in Swedish: (URL) and a direct link to the page about the moonbase (Månbas): (URL) ) (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space)

  Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

(...) Sure did! And that was only a little part of the fun we had, even though I didn't win the ULV competition (my non-lego-building wife did!). (...) Well, we don't have too much Lego (only Tobbe can build in 48x48 size), and this was our very (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space)

  Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

(...) (URL) So what's the difference, excepting color and module size :-) -- Anders Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space)

  Re: BrickFest PDX 2004 - some serious train builders are going...

"Steven Barile" <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message news:HrEI3F.1s25@lugnet.com... (...) Uh, count me out. I have a date in the Bahamas. A firm project completion date, that is. Flying out next Wednesday for 5 weeks of no rest and (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Train builders, I have a proposition

(...) Seems like a really good idea, lots of fun to see what the other side would build. Perhaps we can plan to do something similar at Brickfest DC as well. Something like the 'swap jobs for a day' that some companies do to bolster company unity. (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Train builders, I have a proposition

I extend my hand from one facet of our hobby to another. Mark Sandlin (man I can't wait till he wakes up) and I will build rolling stock for the PDX layout if I can get 2 "non Space" trainspotters (1) to contribute at least one 48x48 module each to (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

(...) with Mark that that isn't a Moonbase. (a tighter color scheme, or some "neighborhoods" could help too) However, to spin this into something positive I'd like to talk about the long discussed Micro Moonbase standard. Maybe we could even have a (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Auctions at BrickFest PDX 2004

Whoops! Bad links - those should point to (URL). Sorry about that! -Matt :) (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Auctions at BrickFest PDX 2004

Ready to get some deals? Have some surplus LEGO you need to unload? Remember the excitement of your last great find? It is getting dusty on your shelf now - time to pass it along! Put it in the auction to be held at (URL) BrickFest PDX 2004>! We (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, FTX) !!

  Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

(...) Ew, there's some Pooh on that table! (2 URLs) Tony Hafner (URL) www.hafhead.com> (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

(...) This is what a moonbase looks like, right here: (URL) -Grand Admiral .space Curator (URL) P.S. Help! I'm trapped in an 3vil petting zoo! (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest PDX 2004 - Portland, Oregon, USA - Things to See & Do!

(...) Microbrews! As someone who interned there for a year (and loved it), I'd like to point out that Portland is widely recognized as home to the nation's largest variety of microbrews (for those Brickfesters over 21). Some of them are listed at (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

(...) In fact, we built a moonbase with 64 modules at the latest meeting of Swedish Lego Nuts, but that was cheating as we used my half-scale standard (16x16 modules): (URL) Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space)

  Robo Waiter - a BrickFest PDX Robot competition

Announcing a robot competition for BrickFest PDX... Robo Waiter: Line tracking while carrying mini-soccer balls ---...--- Build a Robotic Waiter that can carry a tray full of mini Lego soccer balls (or equivalently, basket balls) around a track. (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics.events) !!

  (canceled)

  Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

(...) I'm working on at least one module for PDX, in conjunction with Mark Sandlin and 3vil. First con, first moonbase. Should be fun :) --Ryan (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

(...) But if you like big modules: (2 URLs) j o n (URL) zemi.net> (URL) moonbase> (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space, FTX)

  The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!

You have about a month to get your Moonbase Modules ready. If you are coming to the Fest, bring a Module! Remember that the standard was changed last summer to rase corridors by 2 bricks. Check out the website for more info: (URL) still need to work (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact