 Events / BrickFest / *1173 (-20)
  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

(...) I thought I might expand on this a little. I used to participate in ancient miniatures tournaments at the local gaming convention. This was long before Games Workshop - which may have funky rules, but have raised the standard of painting (...) (22 years ago, 25-Dec-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

(...) Yes. If you aren't you probably shouldn't be displaying your work. If someone wanted to get in tight with a macro lens, it would be nice to ask permission first, however. (...) Yes. No (well, condition noted above, but that's because of close (...) (22 years ago, 25-Dec-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: (Long Delayed) BrickFest 2002 Pix... (and some Legoland images as well...)

Hi Lindsay! Feel free to take any and all of the shots for your site! It's the least I can do for all your hard work on that masterpiece!!! As I have been working on my book, I have shown those pix of your Japanese cruiser to some of my (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: (Long Delayed) BrickFest 2002 Pix... (and some Legoland images as well...)

(...) I have a request: May I borrow a couple of the shots of my ship (the Japanese cruiser) for the upcoming website? (Yes, yes, one of these days...) all best LFB (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: (Long Delayed) BrickFest 2002 Pix... (and some Legoland images as well...)

(...) James Green is the creator to those Tron MOCs. He won a prize for them, too...deservedly so! Joe Meno (...) (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: (Long Delayed) BrickFest 2002 Pix... (and some Legoland images as well...)

Tommy, Dude, I can't tell you how happy I was to look at these pics. I had been browsing the countless disorganized (and more-organized) pics people took at BrickFest, trying to find these vehicles: (URL) about the wrapping) Can anyone identify the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  (Long Delayed) BrickFest 2002 Pix... (and some Legoland images as well...)

Hi gang! I finally got around to posting all the images I shot back in July of this year at BrickFest. I figured I should at least try to get it done before the NEXT BrickFest rolls around.... hehe... I shot about 200 photos of the fest, and they (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Animation Awards are finally here!

In what is shurely one of my biggest blunders this year, I mailed the awards prior to photographing them. 8^( To make this worse, I actually planned to take the engraved brick awards and the Lego Sets to the post office and them come home and (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Animation Awards are finally here!

This announcement is for the winners of the Animation Festival and the Animation Competition at BrickFest 2002. I just received the engraved plaques in the mail and will be sending these out this weekend along with the LEGO Sets awarded to each (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Train Winners

(...) I was stumbling around on BrickShelf today looking for a particular picture from the 'Fest and I found this picture (taken by Abe) of Shaun's "Piggyback" Car: (URL) was definitely one of the most interesting and fun creations at BrickFest. (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest 2002 Train Winners

Sorry for the long delay. Below are the winners of the Train Room MOC contest (thanks to Abe Friedman and Constantine Hannaher for the pics): Steam Engine - Shaun Sullivan - BR18 German Steam Engine (URL) Electric, Other - Bob Hayes - GG1 (URL) - (...) (22 years ago, 17-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest) !

  Poll: Which LEGO conventions would you attend?

A new poll for all you Fest fans... Which of the following real and/or hypothetical LEGO conventions would you attend? (URL) Werner LUGNET Member #408 (22 years ago, 17-Aug-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  What kinds of LEGO-based conventions do you want?

As coordinators and schedulers of NWBrickCon, the LEGO-based International Convention hosted by SEALUG, PLNTC, and SMART in the Northwest region of the United States, we're trying to figure out what will suit you, the attendees best. Let us know (...) (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events.brickswest) !

  The Assault on Hoth

The pictures from the BrickFest 2002 Hoth display are now up on my site (finally!). Includes a collection of over 150 images of the layout from myself, Troy Cefaratti, Abe Friedman, Constantine Hannaher, Paul Hartzog, Michael Huffman, Jake McKee, (...) (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest) !!

  Re: Complete winners list anywhere?

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:H0nsKu.I7u@lugnet.com... (...) complete (...) I think he means the 13 awards that people voted on. Correct? - Joe (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Complete winners list anywhere?

(...) It may be more accurate to post who didn't win... many many people got at least a choice from the leftovers at the end. (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Brickfest 2002: LEGO Direct Q&A by Phillip Thorne

This synopsis has been posted on BimP (URL) then click events, then in the event reviews section select the third item. Much more coherent than my as it happened transcription. However the author must have been working from independent notes without (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Monkeypede - with brown left minifig arms

(...) Hello Shiri, It's not hideous, it's ... fascinating. It's life, but not as we know it! It's something that my separated from the left half, right half liniar non-lateral thinking male brain never would have dreamed of to come up with. In other (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Monkeypede - with brown left minifig arms

Rule Number 1: NEVER lock Shiri Dori and Judy Miller together in a room of K8. Rule Number 2: Ignore Rule Number 1. I LOVE Monkeypede, puns and all. SHIRI DORI ROCKS!!!! JUDY MILLER, LOOK OUT!!!! YOU GOT COMPETITION NOW!!!!! Mike Harrod (If my head (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Monkeypede - with brown left minifig arms

Hey all! My first complete creation in over a year consists of 30 pieces, but it is probably my most creative creation ever. This, fellas, is the height of my skill so far. ;-) The Monkeypede. A hideous yet cute creature. This is a centipede, whose (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.events.brickfest) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact