 Events / 684
Re: I want a convention, not a show. (was Re: What kinds of LEGO-based conventions...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 21:52:34 GMT

In lugnet.events, James Brown writes:

Yup.  I keep waffling back and forth on whether or not I can go to NWBC, and
the 'public display' part is one of the things that makes me less inclined
to go.  I really enjoy interacting with the public; my feet are always sore
after a train show because I'm one of the guys who's always standing and
talking to people.  But I'd be sorely disappointed to book holiday time,
drive some 15 hours (or book a $$$ flight), to spend my time saying "Yes,
Lego makes trains."

We are going to have plenty of stuff going on that is non-public. All of
Friday is being set aside for AFOL meet and greets, and general MOC showing
and whatnot.

I sincerely hope you would not stay home just because of public MOC
displays. :^(

~GAMH