 Events / 2300
    LEGO Exhibition in Budapest - lessons learned —Akos Kostyan
   Our club has been invited to participate in a major LEGO event in Hungary. We had two days for setup. The exhibition was running for four days, between 10/25 and 10/28, but only the last day was a holiday - the point is that the exhibition still (...) (17 years ago, 30-Oct-07, to lugnet.events, FTX) !!

        Re: LEGO Exhibition in Budapest - lessons learned —Ted Michon
     (...) Akos- Congratulations on your show. Being deluged with visitors can be overwhelming, but it also counts as "a problem you like to have". Our winter show in San Diego CA includes two nights (out of 10 weeks) where the venue is free and the (...) (17 years ago, 30-Oct-07, to lugnet.events, FTX)

        Re: LEGO Exhibition in Budapest - lessons learned —Joe Meno
     (...) Good job on the show! Every single event, regardless of how easy or hard it may look, provides lessons to be learned. Underestimating is a really good thing (okay, not-so-good when it's happening) as it gives your club and the event a nice (...) (17 years ago, 30-Oct-07, to lugnet.events, FTX)

        Re: LEGO Exhibition in Budapest - lessons learned —Manfred Moolhuysen
     I see many very well build and interesting MOC's in your galleries. Could you provide us with information about who build what, in the long run? (17 years ago, 30-Oct-07, to lugnet.events, FTX)

         Re: LEGO Exhibition in Budapest - lessons learned —Akos Kostyan
     (...) Thanks for your interest. First of all, all the stuff LEGO Hungary presented: Interactive showcases of the Pirates and Viking themes RC racer course with contests and prizes play tables with LEGO bricks Star Wars display City display Bionicle (...) (17 years ago, 31-Oct-07, to lugnet.events, FTX)

        Re: LEGO Exhibition in Budapest - lessons learned —Edward Welsh
     Akos- Congratulations on running an event that was popular beyond your wildest imagining! What did you do to promote it? Beautiful layout. Definitely worth waiting in line. Sounds like you'll need a larger space next time. -Teddy (17 years ago, 30-Oct-07, to lugnet.events, FTX)

         Re: LEGO Exhibition in Budapest - lessons learned —Akos Kostyan
     (...) As I understand it, the event was the brainchild of the shopping mall. This mall has recently been remodeled. The management decided to host some events to promote their event hall. So they approached LEGO Hungary and offered them the room at (...) (17 years ago, 31-Oct-07, to lugnet.events, FTX)

        Re: LEGO Exhibition in Budapest - lessons learned —Frank Filz
   Cool, whereabouts in Budapest was this? I've been to Budapest with a church group - way too busy to try and hook up with the local AFOL scene (I would like to go back to Budapest with my wife sometime, in which case, perhaps we might look up the (...) (17 years ago, 2-Nov-07, to lugnet.events)

        Re: LEGO Exhibition in Budapest - lessons learned —Akos Kostyan
   (...) Hi Frank, It was in a shopping mall called SUGÁR (which in Hungarian does NOT mean sugar but ray, like ray of light...) This is their website. (URL) BTW, anytime you (or any other AFOL) comes to Hungary, especially Budapest, feel free to (...) (17 years ago, 15-Nov-07, to lugnet.events)